+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 8/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The episode title says it all: "Holly Madison's Pool Party".

The Indigo Girls manage to make an appearance as well.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Love the Indigo Girls and the challenge. Having to do a meat and meatless version of a dish was a great challenge.

So many times, veggie versions are just missing the meat. True veggie version will substitute something complimentary in place of the meat.

I want to be at that pool party! But mainly because I love horse de overs! I really should learn to spell big words. LOL

Hmmm, they called them canapes. I can spell that. And they mostly looked yummy!
    Last edited by AsIs; 08-22-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

That pool party looked like fun! I was surprised to see Holly as a judge. She certainly didn't have a sophisicated palate when she was in the Playboy Mansion. I recall her and the other girlfriends pouting when they had to eat real food in an upscale restaurant. She's come a long way.

Art in a speedo! LOL

FORT Fogey

I want to eat that quick fire challenge, every dish! All those little burgerish bites pool side did not look that enticing. By the time the judges were finished tasting they must have been uncomfortably full even just taking one bite of each. Way too much bread. I did want to eat the winner's fritter though! YUM. I forgot the Spanish word she used.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Love the Indigo Girls and the challenge. Having to do a meat and meatless version of a dish was a great challenge.

So many times, veggie versions are just missing the meat. True veggie version will substitute something complimentary in place of the meat.

I want to be at that pool party! But mainly because I love horse de overs! I really should learn to spell big words. LOL

Hmmm, they called them canapes. I can spell that. And they mostly looked yummy!
    hors d'oeuvres hehe

And I agree, LOVE the Indigo Girls, they are very underrated. Nice to see them on here.. and the meat/meatless contrast was a good challenge. I am not a meat eater either (i do eat fish tho) but my issue that too many people assume that because I don't eat meat I will eat a mushroom.. which I will not.. this gave me some great ideas Amy's mention of Eggplant being cooked properly hit home with me as well, many do not prepare it correctly and its a huge turn off.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I did want to eat the winner's fritter though! YUM. I forgot the Spanish word she used.[/QUOTE]

They're called banuelos and are Mexican as far as I know, although chef Lorena is from Venezuela. She made her banuelos in a small ball to be bite size, but they normally are made using round flour tortillas, about 7" in diameter, fried in a fry pan until bubbly on each side, and then sprinkled with a combination of sugar and cinnamon. Often in Mexican restaurants they will serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. In some cases, restaurants will fry them in a bowl shape to hold the scoop of ice cream. Definitely yummy and, oh, so fattening.

This chef Lorena also made arepas on the show which are wonderful. They look like patties made with a cornmeal dough, deep fried, then slit open and filled with whatever a person prefers, meat or breakfast-type foods.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran View Post
    I did want to eat the winner's fritter though! YUM. I forgot the Spanish word she used.

They're called banuelos and are Mexican as far as I know, although chef Lorena is from Venezuela. She made her banuelos in a small ball to be bite size, but they normally are made using round flour tortillas, about 7" in diameter, fried in a fry pan until bubbly on each side, and then sprinkled with a combination of sugar and cinnamon. Often in Mexican restaurants they will serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. In some cases, restaurants will fry them in a bowl shape to hold the scoop of ice cream. Definitely yummy and, oh, so fattening.
    [/QUOTE]
    They looked yummy and reminded me of the beignets we enjoy at Cafe Du Monde when ever we go to New Orleans. These looked just as divine!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Dear Holly Madison,

We’ve checked the list of people who deserve the title Miss Las Vegas a number of times, and you are nowhere on it. In the future, please refrain from referring to yourself as such.

Yours,

Brad Jerbic
    Las Vegas City Attorney
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Dear Holly Madison,

We’ve checked the list of people who deserve the title Miss Las Vegas a number of times, and you are nowhere on it. In the future, please refrain from referring to yourself as such.

Yours,

Brad Jerbic
    Las Vegas City Attorney
    Is Brendon's Rachael?

I liked this episode. I was a bit put out that Art didn't follow the no garlic or onion rule and got to be in the top when others who did follow were possibly limited in their flavour profiles. I kind of feel that if it is a contest you have to follow the rules.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread