+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Florimel
  • 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

A trip away from the cozy resorts into the desert is involved this week. Also, some B-52's!

Enjoy the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My two favorites to date are Thierry and Takashi. I like their food and their attitudes. They were great in this episode and cheers to Takashi for getting past his height phobia.

I'd pick Pat as my favorite female. She always seems to produce good dishes without attitude.
    FireWoman likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

No commentary about last night's episode? I can't believe it. I fell asleep AGAIN! That almost never happens when I'm watching one of my favorite shows. What's going on here? lol I really like it and find it interesting, but it's happening too much. I'll try to catch it tonight or this weekend.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I went into this season rooting for Art with Chris as my backup player.

Art is still my number one, but Chris is losing a lot of points with his immature attitude. I'm substituting Takashi for Chris. He makes me laugh, like Art does. He seems to be neat and tidy in the kitchen - a plus for any man, and he appears to be a genuinely nice person.
    Debb70 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Art is my absolute Number One. I also like Takeshi, Lorena, Pat (absolutely BEAUTIFUL speaking voice!) and Thierry, in no particular order.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree with all of you.. I want to see Art win this. I will also agree, I love listening to Pat speak, she does have a lovely voice. If for some reason Art goes, I wouldn't have any issues with Takeshi or Thierry winning.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I love Art too. I do worry about him. He has had some struggles, but most of them have. I wonder why. His personality is great, but his food is sometimes in trouble.

I just came back from being away and I watched this episode. Oddly enough, afterwards I noticed my DVR had taped a show called Time Machine Chefs on ABC (I think) and there were 4 contestants. 1 lady I hadn't never heard of, but the other three were Ilan (from TC Season ?) and Chris AND Art from this season of TCM. I guess they are doing the Cooking Reality show circuit. The show was totally cheesy (a fridge as a time machine) and the host was aweful, but I kind-of did like the concept and it was interesting to see modern day chefs have to use utensils and cooking methods from long ago...and watching the judges eat all the different foods without silverware was pretty funny too!

Finally got to watch this and enjoyed it very much. I think this is the best bunch of chefs they've ever had....all, except Chris, seem to be enjoying themselves, maintaining great attitude with lots of humor.
    Best season yet.

+ Reply to Thread