+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Top Chef 3/7 Reunion Show Discussion

Top Chef 3/7 Reunion Show Discussion

People may not even know there's a reunion show going on now...but just in case!

No spoiler warning, unless a bomb goes off in the studio or something.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 3/7 Reunion Show Discussion

1) Love Grayson more than before

2) Dislike the mean girls more than before. (Heather was the only one who was honest about what a ***** she is. Problem is, she seemed to revel in it.)
    GabbyG likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching it now and Sarah is just ridiculous. She really seems to think that everything revolves around her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    1) Love Grayson more than before

2) Dislike the mean girls more than before. (Heather was the only one who was honest about what a ***** she is. Problem is, she seemed to revel in it.)
    Grayson came off much better than the mean girls, and I felt the same way about Heather. She owned her behavior, but she seemed to think it was okay too. At least the blonde mean girl (whose name is escaping me at the moment) admitted she was so embarrassed at the way she behaved that she had to drink while watching the episodes to dull the pain of seeing herself.

Even though Ed admitted he snapped at Sara under pressure when she succumbed to the heat and then came back, with Sara it was excuse after excuse, and either she or production has clearly been trying to soften even her physical appearance. It's not going to work--at least not for a lot of viewers--unless she apologizes for being a bully and admits she's capable of being one.

I really liked one of the judges telling Bev that she has shown a lot of grace in reacting to how she was treated as she has. Yeah, Bev cries a lot, but she could also be really bitter at this point, and she's not. She didn't have to put up with just one person picking on her in the heat of the moment; she had to deal with it from multiple people for an extended period of time without doing much of anything to provoke it. Aside from the hair incident, even Marcel wasn't belittled 24/7, and besides, there's something just nasty about picking on someone over and over again who has made it clear that she's not going to fight back, for whatever reason. I liked Grayson's response that her standing up for Bev wasn't just about standing up for Bev--it was about not tolerating that kind of behavior and calling it out.

FORT Fogey

Loved Grayson and Ed particularly, always have. I didn't realize that Chris was so wacky; his segments were very entertaining as was the skit on Medicore Chef! They did a good job with Gail too. Good reunion at the end of a mediocre season. Texas in the summer was a poor choice. Well, Texas was a poor choice. Nothing against the state but the traditional food is limiting.

New England next season may be as bad. I am from there and the food is sophistocated and as varied as one would find in NYC, Chicago or anywhere in CA. I fear they will reduce it to clam chowder, corn pudding and lobster. Oh and baked beans and brown bread.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-08-2012 at 08:17 AM.

for some reason I thought it was on at 10/9c, so I missed it from flipping back and forth between AI and ANTM. And couldn't stay up late enough to watch the second showing. Surely it will be on again

I find it fascinating that Heather and Sara still seem delusional. For Heather to revel in her personality and not acknowledge that is was bullying is quite disturbing. Ty-lor sticking up for that behavior lost him sime of my respect to. Sara with all her crying seems to realize it wasn't good behavior but never really acknowledged she does act this way. We saw her treat the guy on her final team with condensation dripping out of her mouth almost everytime she spoke to him. That's one thing I've always admired about Tiffani from season 1. She owned up to her actions, realized she didn't like that about herself and took steps to change it.

Grayson gained even more of my respect if that was possible.

Funny that all the chefs who participated in last chance kitchen were all for it but at least 2 of the first final 4 were pretty vocal that they didn't like it. I guarantee that had they been eliminated sooner they would be singing a diffrrent tune. Ed thinking Bev stole his spot cracks me up. A couple of things wrong with that statement. She didn't come in last against him. She was second place that night. All he had to do was be not the worst that night and that clearly didn't happen. What makes him think they wouln't have had his final challenge to make it a final 3 instead of 4? (Providing they weren't planning all along to bring the LCK winner back.) Bev didn't steal his spot. He lost his spot himself.

Also I really liked Gail's words to Bev. They were full of grace and kindness.
    Last edited by justCoz; 03-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.

I was a little underwhelmed by the reunion. I guess that goes with being underwhelmed with the entire season. I think they were doing just a little to much of the recaps. Its one thing to have a couple recaps of things that happened but I would bet that over 80% of the show time was probably taken up with recaps. The Mediocre chef bit and the Gail expose were cute but other then that there wasn't really any new ground in this episode.

Who won fan favorite?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Malibu Chris won fan favorite. I'm still kind of smacking my head on that. I didn't dislike Chris but I just felt he was kinda vanilla.
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast