+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/29 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 2/29 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was hoping they would not do theme seasons. Ah well. I am from New England and the food there is varied and sophistocated but I fear they will reduce it to a cliche. Clam chowder, lobster, baked beans with brown bread and corn pudding. New England is so much more.
    Indeed it is and hopefully if the next season is filmed here that will be brought to light.
    CYA

FORT Fanatic

I finally got a chance to watch the finale. I am very happy with the choice of Paul as winner. Being from the Austin area, and having been to his place, I think he is a great chef and a nice person.
    sparklete likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Attitude is everything. Well, maybe not EVERY thing, but it counts for a lot as far as the fans go. You only needed to look at the results of the poll between Paul and Sarah - where Paul kicked butt - to know that she irritated far more people than she inspired. I forget the exact score, but Paul had somewhere in the neighborhood of 84%. Speaks volumes!
    Debb70 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I am so glad Paul won. I almost cried when him and his father were crying! I liked how they had the other chef's and their families at the finale. I live by Chicago, I might check out Sarah's restraunt.

All of Sarah's forced giggling and smiling about her attitude and treatment of Bev made me want to during the aftershow. I don't think Bev was a saint but let's call Sarah what she is: a sore loser and a spiteful, mean, sorry excuse for a human being. I love her go-to move when she is defending herself (how she turns to others and says "I think so and so would agree that ..", she did that with Paul a couple of times and you could tell Paul was like "huh, oh yeah..sure." Such a common defense mechanism for people with problems to bring others into their world to lessen their culpability. And, of course, the biggest problem with this theory is that only 3 girls in the house found the environment so disturbing that they had to bully others to make themselves feel better while everyone else was appalled by their snide remarks and treatment of others (I still admire Grayson for standing up for Bev in front of the entire group and I hope she wins fan fav). There is a difference between past pseudo-"villians" like Hung or some of the other chefs--they often commented on the perceived shortcomings of their fellow cheftestants but they didn't continously verbally and socially abuse them (although I think the incident with Marcel can't be considered in this analysis since it was such a mess). The long and the short of this rant is this: Karma took care of these awful bullies in the end and it's nice to know Sarah will always be a loser.
    Uncle David, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I live by Chicago, I might check out Sarah's restraunt.
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I watched the finale a few minutes ago and am happy with the results. Very happy!

Who won fan favorite? (I hope it was Grayson. Loved her!)

We saw that Sara didn't change anything about herself. She was condescending to the guy on her team the whole time. I thought quite often she was talking to him like you would a child. I can see where he might have been annoying but it further shows she can't handle even slightly different people from what she feels are normal. She doesn't work well with others. IMO it's not enough to 'work well' with others who think and act like you do. The true test is how you deal with people different than you. I think a great leader can handle people like that without treating them like children or bullying them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12