+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef 2/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yes it's a tradition to take the semi-finals & finale to another city. I guess it just felt a little strange this year because of all the endless, cartoonish Texas hype going on all season, and then all of a sudden we're in Vancouver with little/no warning. They just went overboard with the TX branding, maybe to its detriment -- it's not like I want to hop on a plane and rush down there after watching this season.
    This season did not want to make me run down there either. Well there are other reasons, too. This season was all hat and no cattle. Dr Phil used the expression recently and it fits this show. Texas probably has more going on than the cliche we saw. Vancouver was a welcome change, for me.
    FireWoman and maude~flanders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yes it's a tradition to take the semi-finals & finale to another city. I guess it just felt a little strange this year because of all the endless, cartoonish Texas hype going on all season, and then all of a sudden we're in Vancouver with little/no warning. They just went overboard with the TX branding, maybe to its detriment -- it's not like I want to hop on a plane and rush down there after watching this season. Here are the locale changes for all seasons:

1/San Fran - Vegas
    2/LA - Hawaii
    3/Miami - Aspen
    4/Chicago - Puerto Rico
    5/New York - New Orleans
    6/Vegas - Napa Valley
    7/Wash DC - Singapore
    8-AS/New York - Bahamas
    9/Texas - Vancouver

Yes you're all correct - I have watched every season - don't know why it seemed weird that the finale was elsewhere this time around?

FORT Fogey

I have watched every season - don't know why it seemed weird that the finale was elsewhere this time around?
    It is clear to me why Vancover was such a disconnect. This is the first season a theme. We were bombarded with barbeque, chili and cowboys. I appreciate the change to Vancouver no matter how out of context it seems.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is clear to me why Vancover was such a disconnect. This is the first season a theme. We were bombarded with barbeque, chili and cowboys. I appreciate the change to Vancouver no matter how out of context it seems.
    What's stupid is that they could have made a connection between Texas and Vancouver easily enough, as Vancouver is representative of Western Canada just as Texas is associated with the American West. I'm not saying they'd even have to change the Vancouver challenges, but they could have made a simple transition by announcing that the competition was taking a turn from the American West to the Canadian West. All it would have taken was a sentence or two from Padma to make the link clear.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I remember when Jilly took her guys there on her season of The Bachelorette & watching the Winter Olympics. Although I hate the cold weather, Vancouver is a beautiful place & I wouldn't mind visiting there one day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What's stupid is that they could have made a connection between Texas and Vancouver easily enough, as Vancouver is representative of Western Canada just as Texas is associated with the American West. I'm not saying they'd even have to change the Vancouver challenges, but they could have made a simple transition by announcing that the competition was taking a turn from the American West to the Canadian West. All it would have taken was a sentence or two from Padma to make the link clear.
    Texas is considered the south. Not deep south but south.

At this point, I think Sarah winning in the finale will feel really tainted, with the way the head judge keeps pushing her through.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    At this point, I think Sarah winning in the finale will feel really tainted, with the way the head judge keeps pushing her through.

Plus I REALLY don't like her....

They dragged this season out so much I've kinda lost interest. Everything seems geared toward a "Paul" win to me. However if Sarah wins I'll just be pissed. I probably won't even watch the last show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123