+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Top Chef 2/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 2/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I agree with all those who dislike Sara. What a crock o' crap at the end where she said goodbye to Bev.

I've liked Paul for sometime now. He was my favorite after "Malibu" left. Hoping he wins it if for no other reason than I can't stand either of the two remaining women.

On a personal note, I so would have failed on this episode. I get motion sickness, I don't really care for heights that I could possible fall from and I detest being cold. All in all, I would have been positively miserable.
    sparklete likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Not only do I not like Sarah, I also don't like how the finale is really starting to turn into gimmicks. Sure, it was better on All Stars, but I think the season before that, the finale was pretty gimmicky too. Asking a chef to ski and shoot is really, really pointless, because, nothing against hunting or skiing, but there exists things called supermarkets, so there's absolutely no point in creating a challenge that has little to do with food.
    maude~flanders and cubsfan55 like this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

It's not so much that chefs will always use a supermarket. I always enjoy the challenges where they were judged on picking "best" ingredients from farmer's markets etc. I remember in one season they went to a farm and actually picked out which animals would be used in their dishes that night - while they were alive. While I, as a vegetarian, had trouble with that episode, I recognize the importance of knowing what makes a good ingredient.

However, the chefs will never ever have to shoot their own protein or ski to get to food. It's just ridiculous.

I echo others in their statements that they aren't impressed with this season. Unlike seasons in the past I don't really have any desire to eat in the restaurants of any of the finalists. I have eaten at Volt (Brian Voltaglios' restaurant). Nothing about the final chefs this season make me want to go out of the way to eat at theirs. This season seems more about how to torture the chefs not which is the best chef.
    maude~flanders likes this.

There's a great article on The Hollywood Reporter's website with a behind the scenes look at the latest episodes:

'Top Chef' Grows Bigger Than 'Texas' With Season 9 Finale - The Hollywood Reporter

Favorite quote so far: "The chefs walked up in this snowy park to the front of this beautiful ice sculpture in Whistler, and [judge Tom] Colicchio said, 'You can bet they don't do this s*** on [Food Network's] Chopped.' "
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sarah says she's going to be a really nice person and 90 seconds later cuts Beverly off while she's answering Paul's question about Last Chance Kitchen, "Look at that tree!", then sourpuss Lindsay piles on and starts laughing at Sarah's disrespect. Those two are gross and classless and I feel bad that Bev had to put up with those fat cows (including Heather). Epic fail on the whole really nice person thing by the way.

Gail says in her blog that, ""By the end of this episode I think [Sarah] warmed to Beverly because, even though the ending of the episode is the way it is, Beverly proved herself like no one else has." What's this "prove" business? She doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, especially Sarah. Bev's a legitimate contestant just like everyone else. Get bent Gail.

I genuinely didn't see, on any episode, any reason for those people to dislike Beverly. She's tough and aggressive just like anyone else who's been on that show claims to be but somehow those qualities apply to her differently than to them so they don't like her for it. Get real.

Hungry hippo Sarah is badmouthing Beverly in next week's preview. LET. IT. GO. Clearly she's the one with the problem and not Beverly.

No matter who wins, I'm usually bummed that the season is over but not this time. I wish the finale was on right now so I could watch and be done with it. I think we're due for an All-Star season. Bring back Carla, Kevin Gillespie and the Voltaggio brothers. I'm getting sick of the petty bickering crap already.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    Gail says in her blog that, ""By the end of this episode I think [Sarah] warmed to Beverly because, even though the ending of the episode is the way it is, Beverly proved herself like no one else has." What's this "prove" business? She doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, especially Sarah. Bev's a legitimate contestant just like everyone else. Get bent Gail.

I genuinely didn't see, on any episode, any reason for those people to dislike Beverly. She's tough and aggressive just like anyone else who's been on that show claims to be but somehow those qualities apply to her differently than to them so they don't like her for it. Get real.

Hungry hippo Sarah is badmouthing Beverly in next week's preview. LET. IT. GO. Clearly she's the one with the problem and not Beverly.
    Well said!!!!
    I think Bev is just one of those people that no matter where they go, what they do, people see someone they can pick on. But, to me, I agree with you. She was a formidable opponent but gives the impression of a timid loser. Her talent and drive showed and to me, it's actions, not words that mean anything.
    And thank you for "Hungry Hippo" Sarah!!! Love it!
    rfromp and sparklete like this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

okay, I live in Houston and it really ticks me off that they are having the finale in a different state and never even came to Houston once! It's called "Top Chef Texas"! And, Houston is the third largest city in the U.S.
    I also love the Hungry Hungry Hippo Sara! That is how I will see her from now on!
    rfromp likes this.

Houston wasn't featured because, unlike the cities that participated, they refused to help underwrite production costs of filming there. Top Chef pushes for agreements with host cities where they can get financial consideration for filming there and showcasing the city's sites and tourist attractions. San Antonio and Austin played ball, but Houston turned then down, and Dallas didn't get as much exposure as they could have because they wouldn't go along with the full agreement.

San Antonio paid Top Chef $200,000 to "showcase" the city "as a premiere culinary destination" + reality blurred
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Thanks MFWalkoff. Interesting to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast