+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Top Chef 1/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 1/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Chefs are working in groups of two -- is this another team challenge, or head-to-head competition?

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 1/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The producers have gone really sadistic on these poor chefs, haven't they? All these out-door challenges, in Texas, during the hottest, driest summer in ages. I'm amazed only Sarah fell out because of the heat.

Say goodbye to Samurai Chris and his top knot. Grayson's chicken salas, while not as exciting AS A MEATBALL, was more exciting than his.

Richie will be so happy to see his big buddy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I loved that Grayson called Tom out on the "excitement" of the meatball versus chicken salad- it was pretty funny. And although chicken salad wouldn't be something I would expect a Top Chef to make, as long as you make it taste good that's all that matters. And on a side note...if it were 105 degrees out the last thing I would want is a meatball! I don't care how light and airy you make them, they are still hot in a thick sauce. Give me a nice chicken salad sandwich in the summer any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
    Florimel, Shoepie, justCoz and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Grayson is my favorite. I love her attitude, totally genuine personality and looks. She is adorable. In that heat she made the best choice of the three. I really thought she was gone when I heard that was her decision, though. That said, you can get meat balls at any Italian restaurant and sub shop, lettuce wraps abound in Asian and franchaise restaurants. I think they are boring. Chicken salad is rarely on a menu anywhere and I love it. It just is not winning material on this show. Loved the way she talks to Tom, love it.

I would love to see Grayson win this and she could. Paul and Ed are seen as the best but either could trip anywhere along the line.
    NFL1 likes this.

I was pretty sure Ed was going last night. I can't say he didn't deserve to. That just looked all wrong. But I am glad he is still around

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I can't stand Sarah and as much as i wanted her to just be gone, Chris was the right choice to go.
    ness and Uncle David like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

That Sarah outlasted Beverly irks me to no end. I can't wait for her to get booted. I love Grayson, but I admit it's more about her looks and personality than her talent.

I'm ready for this season to end.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Grayson's "Like MEATBALLS . . ." shall live in Top Chef infamy right alongside "This is not Top Scallop." Classic! And kudos to Grayson for saying it, and double kudos to the producers for airing it!!!
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

Grayson did herself proud with the "Like a MEATBALL?" comeback she shot at Tom.

I mean, hell, HE opened the door; she just ran though it! If he wasn't gonna dance, then he should've kept his ass off the floor!

Please, PLEASE let Sara(h?) be the next one out!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast