+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #21
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    While I do think Heather comes off as a bit too tough, I do understand why she was mad at Beverly, and honestly, I'd probably have snapped at her too. As for the cake thing, for starters, if Unhinged Edward with his jaw that works sideways is going to get angry (is he ever not angry or annoyed?), then why give the recipe to Heather? I understand it's a team challenge, but let her fall on her own. Plus, was it exactly a tres leches cake? I didn't see that, which leads me to believe there was a simple basic cake recipe, but Heather tweaked it, adding her own stuff and touches. In which case, I can see why she'd take the win.

  2. #22
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,618

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    It is a 3 milk cake, often a butter or sponge cake soaked in evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream.

    I had no issues when she used it at first, she used Ed's cake then made it fit the party request. But to use it again??? Thats when she needed to stand on her own.. and use her own ideas.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4402794[B
    ].... if Unhinged Edward with his jaw that works sideways is going to get angry... [/B]
    Oh, glad someone else noticed that. I thought it was just me or my tv. Personally, if Ed didn't like her using his recipe, she should say something to Heather rather than the camera. Just complaining makes him seem somewhat ineffectual and whiny.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    While I do think Heather comes off as a bit too tough, I do understand why she was mad at Beverly, and honestly, I'd probably have snapped at her too. As for the cake thing, for starters, if Unhinged Edward with his jaw that works sideways is going to get angry (is he ever not angry or annoyed?), then why give the recipe to Heather? I understand it's a team challenge, but let her fall on her own. Plus, was it exactly a tres leches cake? I didn't see that, which leads me to believe there was a simple basic cake recipe, but Heather tweaked it, adding her own stuff and touches. In which case, I can see why she'd take the win.
    My very first post on this show was about Ed's jaw! I noticed it immediately and it continues to dominate my attention when he talks.

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Oh, glad someone else noticed that. I thought it was just me or my tv. Personally, if Ed didn't like her using his recipe, she should say something to Heather rather than the camera. Just complaining makes him seem somewhat ineffectual and whiny.
    Oh I think he talked about it! Editing left out the extended version.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-10-2011 at 07:37 AM.

  6. #26
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    My very first post on this show was about Ed's jaw! I noticed it immediately and it continues to dominate my attention when he talks.
    Indeed, his mouth just moves to the left, not up and down. It makes me curious to see how he chews when he eats.

    Now that I check again, Heather's cake in the first challenge was a simple vanilla tres leches cake. In this challenge, it was a peach cake, peach salad and candied pecan streusel. That's very different overall. Again, I figure it was a basic cake recipe. Basic cake recipes are rather common. Adding flavors and other elements to a basic cake recipe is hat elevates it. That's why I feel Heather deserved her win.

  7. #27
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    674

    Re: Top Chef 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Beverly is annoying. She cries too much, at the drop of a hat, and she seems whiny.

    I will start to like a competitor (Grayson, for instance) and then right after I decide I like them, they show them talking and they make some arrogant comment. I'm sure it's just for drama, but they are far more likable if they don't act that way. I think Rebecca is another one, but I'm not remembering right now what she said that made me not like her as much. I do sort of like her. She's really pretty and seems competent. I'd love to see a female chef win. I'm not even sure I've got her name right at the moment but she's the tall dark haired girl with the pretty blue eyes.

    I wonder what made that one guy cook something that looked like a fat, greasy cigar. lol.
    I felt sort of sad when his buddy went home after the chili challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.