+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Desserts 2 - 10/12 Show Discussion

Just Desserts 2 - 10/12 Show Discussion

Yeah, I'm counting the days till Top Chef: Texas too...but we still have a season of sweets to finish.

I like it whenever Carlos beats Orlando in anything, so it was a good one-handed Quickfire. Also, it's always fun to see drunk (and then hung-over) chefs.

I'm not that fond of Matthew, but I thought the raffling of the pigs was a cute touch. It sucks that Carlos left, and sucks even more that Orlando is still around. I was surprised that nobody brought up the fact that Orlando's choice of chocolate was doubly wrong, when he could have added caramel instead and still been on point. To me that makes using chocolate twice as stupid, and I wish it had sent him home. Oh well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Just Desserts 2 - 10/12 Show Discussion

I'll be glad when regular Top Chef is back too.

So happy Carlos won some money before he was sent packing. I also wish it had been Orlando. He's just so smug and irritating. At least Carlos had a great idea. Orlando just had to add the chocolate. I'm all for adding chocolate to desserts but since he was calling it a take on caramel apple it was a stupid addition. He should have done a take on a fried candy bar if he wanted to use chocolate so badly.

Orlando should have gone. Carlos had a great idea that wasn't executed well. Orlando had a bad idea and it wasn't executed well. It seems to me that O's 2 strikes should have sent him packing instead of Carlos.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Orlando should have gone. Carlos had a great idea that wasn't executed well. Orlando had a bad idea and it wasn't executed well. It seems to me that O's 2 strikes should have sent him packing instead of Carlos.
    Orlando excuted his dish better than Carlos. I would have preferred him go, too, but I knew Carlos was a gonner when they could not find one thing that worked.

In line behind everyone waiting for Top Chef Texas! I like that there will be 4 permant judges.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Finding it much harder to pay attention or root for anyone this season vs last season. Yigit was an early favorite last time and he stayed a favorite till the end. Taking into consideration the remaining contestants, I'd have to root for Chris (the guy who's daughter has the heart condition). If Matt (from my home state of PA) wins, that's okay too. As long as it isn't Orlando or Sally, I'm good.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread