+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Maybaybie
  • 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By Annastasia B

Thread: Just Desserts 2 - 10/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just Desserts 2 - 10/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Episode title is "Death by Chocolate" -- it's how I would want to go.

Use this thread for discussion of the new 10/5 episode.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Just Desserts 2 - 10/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh okaaaay....I'll go first...

Did anyone else find it wrong that Orlando was not called out on not making his own dessert? Granted, the guy bugs me beyond words with his 'better than everyone' attitiude, but how can you judge 'Orlando's dessert' when Orlando didn't even make it? I thought for sure he would be DQ'd for that. I mean just because I throw a recipe at someone and call it mine, doesn't mean they are going to execute it correctly or they may execute it better than I would have, so how can they determine whether he stays or goes based on that? I'm pretty sure he wasn't going anywhere because of his chocolate showpiece, but it would have been nice had it been mentioned.

I liked Katzie- I bit of a dingbat, but I thought she brought some much needed levity to the show. I was irritated Chris and Matt didn't allow her to contribute (that we saw) to the showpiece. The same on Orlando's side, although it appeared Sally and Jose were happy to be the worker bees and let him do it. What's the point of a team challenge if only 1 member of the team is going to complete the major part of the challenge?

And lastly, Orlando needed to just shut up when critiqing the other team's desserts. Could have been more obvious he wanted Katzie out? I just think he thinks acts like he is so much better than he probably is.
    AZChristian likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I have had no love for Orlando from the get-go. I am not surprised that he didn't see that Johnny and Wiley were alternating between staring of into space and rolling their eyes during his "speech". After all, he failed to notice that Johnny was more than a little perturbed at the confrontation over the cardamom.

I can't argue with who they sent home given the circumstances, but I still wish it had been Orlando.
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Orlando was an idiot last night. I'm not too big on he or Chris. Egos are way to big.

Didnt' think the one girl should have been eliminated because of a quickfire challenge donut. That was just wrong. I liked her and think she could have gone far.

Ditzy Katzie should not have been eliminated. I wish it had been Chris. That dessert he made was pathetic to say the least. A 7 year old could have made that!

Everyone I've liked is getting eliminated

The only one left that I like is the hispanic guy. (sorry, I suddenly can't remember anyone's name).
    Endit likes this.

On regular Top Chef when someone works the front of the house in Restaurant Wars, they compose a dish and others do the work making it while they are front of house. So this isn't that different.

I have disliked Orlando from the first Episode. It's a shame Katzie went home after he ragged on her. I am sure the legend in his own mind thinks he is the reason Katzie went home. I thought Matt should have gone. He was very unimpressive the whole episode.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Yeah I know this is WAY too late, but it made no reason to eliminate Katzie. They said they liked all her flavors, just not in the way she balanced them, meanwhile the other ones didn't even have that much complexity to start with. Feels like they choose her to keep the dynamic duo together for TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Yeah I know this is WAY too late, but it made no reason to eliminate Katzie. They said they liked all her flavors, just not in the way she balanced them, meanwhile the other ones didn't even have that much complexity to start with. Feels like they choose her to keep the dynamic duo together for TV.
    Well, this is Top Chef. Much like with Project Runway, I've rather gotten used to the judges making stupid, senseless eliminations for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread