+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Desserts 2 - 9/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just Desserts 2 - 9/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This thread is for discussion of tonight's new episode.

Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Re: Just Desserts 2 - 9/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks MFWalkoff!

Fun episode. Glad to see Craig go. Mixed feelings on Melissa leaving, but her constant need to blame other chefs when she gets called on the carpet was wearing thin...and might have helped bring on her demise.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I am not crazy about this show. I don't have a sweet tooth, though I enjoy a nifty dessert when I eat out.

Melissa going was good. Her attitude poluted the group dynamic and Craig was way out of his league; so is his teacher.

I never saw the movie Willie Wonka but the glimpse I got of the set looked terrible! Despite the actors saying it was huge and fabulous it looked like the set of a low budget Saturday morning kids show. I guess you had to be a kid in 1971 to enjoy it. It is amazing how far movies and special effects have come.

WOW- someone who has never seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! You really should watch it just for the heck of it. Yes, the special effects by today's standards aren't there, but being a kid in the 70's I remember it being an amazing fantasy world and they played it every year around Thanksgiving and we always looked forward to watching it. Back then with no internet, video rentals, youtube and the like, things like that only came on TV once a year and we all crowded around the tv and took the phone off the hook so we wouldn't miss a word. Sometimes I wish I could teleport my kids back to that time so they could experience it for themselves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    WOW- someone who has never seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! You really should watch it just for the heck of it. Yes, the special effects by today's standards aren't there, but being a kid in the 70's I remember it being an amazing fantasy world and they played it every year around Thanksgiving and we always looked forward to watching it. Back then with no internet, video rentals, youtube and the like, things like that only came on TV once a year and we all crowded around the tv and took the phone off the hook so we wouldn't miss a word. Sometimes I wish I could teleport my kids back to that time so they could experience it for themselves.
    My son's born in 1976 and 78 have not seen it either!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

For some unknown reason, the dvr thought this episode was only 30 minutes long. It started on time, but we never saw who was top, bottom or in-between.

I liked the concept of this one, especially that they brought back the 'kids' from the original movie!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am not crazy about this show. I don't have a sweet tooth, though I enjoy a nifty dessert when I eat out.

Melissa going was good. Her attitude poluted the group dynamic and Craig was way out of his league; so is his teacher.

I never saw the movie Willie Wonka but the glimpse I got of the set looked terrible! Despite the actors saying it was huge and fabulous it looked like the set of a low budget Saturday morning kids show. I guess you had to be a kid in 1971 to enjoy it. It is amazing how far movies and special effects have come.
    Don't worry Shoepie, I never saw the movie either.. and have no plans to. My mother loves it.. to me it kinda freaks me out.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Count me in as another person who never saw Willie Wonka. Like Shoepie, didn't get to see a lot of movies in the '70's due to having/rasing kids.
    The fact that it's old w/o great special effects doesn't bother me. I still adore The Princess Bride and those Rodents of Unusal Size are as hokey as they come!
    I'll have to try and see it.

There are two versions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The 1971 version Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder and the 2005 version Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp

The book is more enjoyable than either of the two films.

+ Reply to Thread