+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/15 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 6/15 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Who will win? Who are the finalists?

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the finale!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef Masters 6/15 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This is so nerve racking! But I really like all three of them. So good with whoever wins, but leaning towards Mary Sue!

Awww hell! I want all three of them to WIN!
    Last edited by AsIs; 06-15-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Wow! Way to go Floyd!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

As I said, all three chefs in the finale were wonderful all season! Kudos to all of them and congrats to Floyd for taking down the win.

The challenge was create your first food memory! The food that made you want to become a chef! And a judges choice!

So thrilled for Floyd. I really liked all of the final 3, so if either of the two women won I would have been happy, but I was pulling for Floyd. This final meal ended up being what Top Chef Masters should be. Letting them cook with very few restrictions, and with help. All of them seemed so kind. I loved how they all came together at the end and helped Mary Sue get her souffles out.

It was great seeing some of the previous contestants. Jonathan Waxman is still a favorite of mine.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

A rarity for sure . . . . I actually liked ALL THREE finalists. Usually, the top three has someone there that makes me want to say "anybody but him/her"!

Couldn't find anything bad to say about any of them. I was actually hoping Traci would have won, but Floyd seemed like such a nice guy, it's hard to be disappointed in the outcome.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Winner Floyd Cardoz wanted to leave Top Chef Masters because of the conflict

During the finale of Top Chef Masters 3 last night, Floyd Cardoz beat Traci Des Jardins and Mary Sue Milliken to claim the $100,000 prize for his charity, the Mount Sinai School of Medicine’s Young Scientist Cancer Research Fund. But he told one of the show’s new judges, Ruth Reichl, that early in the competition, he wanted to leave because it wasn’t fun thanks to the fighting between the chefs.

In other words, the show’s winner felt very much the same way many of us did about this season, with its not-so-great changes and interpersonal conflict replacing the joyous fun of watching extremely talented, well-known chefs challenge themselves.

Floyd was encouraged to sign on for the show by his friend Johnathan Waxman, who was on the second season, but in an interview with Reichl published on Gilt Taste, said, “I was not having fun” at the start of the competition. “I thought there’d be a lot of camaraderie, a lot of helping each other out. I thought we’d all be in this together,” he said. Floyd called his business partner, Danny Meyer, and “said, ‘I don’t know if I should be here. I can’t be a person who’s putting everybody else down, and that seems to be what it takes to win.” Meyer told him “Just relax and be yourself” and Floyd now says “That was when my attitude changed.” He stopped caring about the clock or about screw-ups.

Reichl adds that Floyd lost 25 pounds while filming the show, which she calls a “grueling exercise,” and says, “I was constantly amazed by the difficulty of the challenges.” Floyd told her that he’d do it again because “I learned a lot about myself. Doing Top Chef Masters you understand your limitations. You can forget very often why you’re a chef and why you cook—It took me back to who I really am.”

In her interview/essay, Reichel talks about judging, saying that when she signed on, “I was sure that the producers would be watching over our shoulders, trying to nudge us into certain outcomes, and I kind of looked forward to fighting them off. I was positive that they would be willing to sacrifice the truth for the sake of a good story. But I was wrong. The Magical Elves never interfered, never questioned a decision, never even indicated a preference.”
    Source:
    Winner Floyd Cardoz wanted to leave Top Chef Masters because of the conflict + reality blurred

Doesn't really surprise me. I was really turned off by this season because of all the changes.

Really enjoyed this last episode. Was great having all 3 genuinely respect and like each other and even help each other...more about the cooking than just the winning of the title - even though they all wanted the win for their charity, they showed such personal integrity. A real joy!

FORT Fanatic

Way behind on watching this show. I just caught up on all the taped episodes and came to FORT to read what others had to say. Wow, not too many viewers on FORT. Anyway...I liked that Floyd won. He seems to be a truely nice person and a good chef. I can see the reason for him wanting to quit during the first few shows some of the early castoffs were just rude. I hope this series continues.

+ Reply to Thread