+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm having a much harder time. If I were one of the chefs from this season, I'd be really angry, because they are being portrayed as if they are regular, scrappy Top Chef contestants who haven't achieved as much. With the old format, I knew that there was a reason the chefs were picked, even the ones I didn't know, because they were celebrated and respected by the host and judges. We got to know the reasons why they are Masters.

This season doesn't even look like a regular Top Chef, it look like a bad ripoff of Top Chef. It's like the first season of The Fashion Show compared to Project Runway. All these format changes were a major, major blunder on the part of the producers. I can barely watch it.
    Good comparison. I agree with everything you said.

It is even eliminating some of the fun things Top Chef has, like choosing teams and foods in the quick fire. It feels as if they are speeding though this and the goal is to finish the episode, not the food.

I don't know any of their names and when the winner is announced I can't remember what they cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Good comparison. I agree with everything you said.

It is even eliminating some of the fun things Top Chef has, like choosing teams and foods in the quick fire. It feels as if they are speeding though this and the goal is to finish the episode, not the food.

I don't know any of their names and when the winner is announced I can't remember what they cooked.
    I agree with you both completely.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Unibrow's unibrow really makes me laugh! Wonder if he has a pet name for it? He has to be attached to it....why else would he wear it when waxing/threading is available?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I felt bad for Alex being in the bottom two and not even being told that though the judges didn't like his food, that Hannah absolutely loved it. I understand they are there to judge the food, but wasn't the point of this particular episode to please the one Biggest Loser constestant you were cooking specifically for. Ken may have not liked his poached egg, but he loved MarySue's hash. I still think the judges made the right decision in the end. Not only did they not like Savir's food, but Irene didn't either, so it was a no brainer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I felt bad for Alex being in the bottom two and not even being told that though the judges didn't like his food, that Hannah absolutely loved it. I understand they are there to judge the food, but wasn't the point of this particular episode to please the one Biggest Loser constestant you were cooking specifically for. Ken may have not liked his poached egg, but he loved MarySue's hash. I still think the judges made the right decision in the end. Not only did they not like Savir's food, but Irene didn't either, so it was a no brainer.
    It is ultimately the judges decision because guests may be coming from a sentimental place when it comes to a contestant. She may have been being polite for all we know.

I forgot who said, we got a lecture on a plate when referring to Savir's food. I loved that comment. I eat a lot of vegetarian meals so I would have liked it but a lower calorie cheeseburger? No way.

I make the best turkey burger; everyone who eats them asks for the recipe and never goes back to theirs. It is from a pub in Greenfield MA.

I barely remember the show because of the lousy format and too many contestants. I deleted it and shouldnt have. To focus on the food you have to rewatch, pause and repeat the seconds they flash by the dish.

I am not a Curtis Stone fan but I like him on this show, for some unexplainable reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12