+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

We had no clue as to how each got their bugs until we heard Mary Sue say she got stuck with the beatles. So they must have drawn numbers. I get it that editing has to pick and choose the best footage and cannot show much because the number of chefs is so large. This begs the question as to why they have so many.

Putting aside the ridiculous challenge of bugs for a minute; watching them choose as they draw knives is part of the fun. In this process we get to see more of who they are, why they made the choice they did and their interaction with each other.

This show is a blur and could easily be called Top Chef Amazing Race. The elimination challenge sped by at such a pace that I had to rewind a couple of times to catch what I missed only to find I didn't miss anything. There was little content.

FORT Regular

I've always wondered, if I were the host, would I be willing to taste all of the foods they cook?

It was good to see Curtis avoid 'most' of the bugs, even though he did try the bugless parts of the dishes. That would have been a challenge I didn't want to taste.

I'm not a fan of restaurant wars on Top Chef or Top Chef Masters, so even making them serve last night was boring to me. I prefer the challenges to involve the food more directly.

But I still love the show!

Regarding who got sent home, how is it fair that the guy who made the perfectly good risotto got sent home over somebody whose ceviche tasted overpoweringly of picked onion and somebody whose chocolate pudding had a texture quite unlike pudding? It just feels like they sent the wrong person home.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Regarding who got sent home, how is it fair that the guy who made the perfectly good risotto got sent home over somebody whose ceviche tasted overpoweringly of picked onion and somebody whose chocolate pudding had a texture quite unlike pudding? It just feels like they sent the wrong person home.

Since these are successful chefs they are looking for something more creative than risotto which he probably has on his menu and has made daily for many years. I think they appreciated that the other two chefs aimed for a creative dish, no matter if they failed. My guess, anyway. I expected the chocolate pudding, that insisted on calling puddin the entire time, would go.

+ Reply to Thread