+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 11PM PT / 2AM ET.

Enjoy the masters!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ahhhhh, unibrow man is back!

I'm actually kind of happy that he gets to come back. He didn't really seem like he deserved to go last week and hopefully he does better this week.

FORT Fogey

I just don't get this. A food competion with little detail on what they made and how they did it? The egg one. Okay, how was it prepared beyond the 2 second description given as they served it? I can only hope that when the number dwindles we will hear more about the food.

I agree, the show doesn't take the time to celebrate great food anymore. All we see is the stress of the competition, and then we have to take the critics' word for how good or bad the food is, because we didn't really find out enough about it while it was being made. They've really ruined this show, and it's just sad. I hope they undo everything they did next season, and go back to the "star" system, and not make the competitions so grueling and fast-paced. Let us be amazed by these people doing what they do best -- right now I can't tell the show apart from a regular TC season, and that's really bad.

If finding A-list chefs every season is a problem, maybe they should only do a Masters season every couple of years. It's supposed to be special, so treat it special.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I agree, the show doesn't take the time to celebrate great food anymore. All we see is the stress of the competition, and then we have to take the critics' word for how good or bad the food is, because we didn't really find out enough about it while it was being made. They've really ruined this show, and it's just sad. I hope they undo everything they did next season, and go back to the "star" system, and not make the competitions so grueling and fast-paced. Let us be amazed by these people doing what they do best -- right now I can't tell the show apart from a regular TC season, and that's really bad.

If finding A-list chefs every season is a problem, maybe they should only do a Masters season every couple of years. It's supposed to be special, so treat it special.

Go back to the first two seasons of TCM. As they had the Masters act professionally. Plus they had better judges last two years. But Curtis Stone is a little upgrade than Kelly Choi!
    Happy Labor Day!

+ Reply to Thread