+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/6 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/6 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until Midnight PT / 3AM ET.

New host, new format -- is it better or worse than the first two seasons?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/6 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So far I'm really underwhelmed with the new format, and Curtis, and the chefs too.

The old format allowed these chefs to pal around more, and it was a friendlier, more fun atmosphere. I liked the mutual admiration society that everyone had with each other -- they are master chefs at the top of their industry, there's no need to be a douche at this level. Now, it's all pressure-pressure-pressure, like regular Top Chef. And Curtis is kind of dull, I actually prefer Kelly Choi. At least she smiled.

And who are these chefs? It's not just that I haven't heard of most of them, or that none of them has been a judge on regular Top Chef, or had a challenge in one of their restaurants, or even was a guest for a Quickfire -- it's that none of them even seem the least bit familiar with how the show works!

This doesn't feel like a Top Chef franchise show anymore. It's very generic, and everyone needs to boost the energy and personality level tenfold. Hopefully we'll get to know these people better as the season progresses.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

MFW- I really agree! I loved the past couple editions of Masters. I am also sad we don't get a round of Masters coming back, again, for another round of trying to make it.

Also, Hugh, the guy voted off needs to wax his eyebrows like no ones business. I couldn't stop staring. I was distracted the whole show whenever he was on. That really has nothing to do with the show or his cooking ability.

FORT Fogey

MFWalkoff, I agree with all you have said. Perhaps as the numbers dwindle we will see some camaraderie emerge. The cast is too large to get to know anyone and the food flew by in a rush. The old format worked well.

I agree with all of you on all points and also, I can't stand James Oseland. Top Chef Masters has been a must see for me in the past, but this year ehh..I might watch if I'm home doing nothing and there's nothing else on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I agree with all of you on all points and also, I can't stand James Oseland. Top Chef Masters has been a must see for me in the past, but this year ehh..I might watch if I'm home doing nothing and there's nothing else on.
    I will watch because cooking is a creative hobby of mine. And I do hope to see more about the food. jeeeze That was just way too many people. Restaurant wars is a favorite of mine when the numbers are less. I got a feel for nothing!

And, yeah, I don't like him either.

Couldn't agree more with all here saying how dull it seems to be so far.
    I know of Mary Sue Millikin but that's it.
    Am really tired of Curtis Stone, who seems to be everywhere in the last year. Must have great PR people.
    And James Oseland drives me batty too.

FORT Regular

I haven't heard of most of these chefs before the show.....

I'm glad the uni brow guy is gone. Way too distracting. This show bored me, and I was kind of disappointed they started with "Restaurant wars" - we don't even know these people, they haven't worked together before (at least on the show) and suddenly they are thrust into restaurant wars. It was a let down. I will still watch but I am sure glad Top Chef Canada starts tonight. I'm hoping that will be more interesting.

FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who thinks Curtis Stone is so over rated? Ok, he's a good looking guy, and I'm sure a good chef, but please he's everywhere. Biggest Loser as a chef, the Food Truck challenge, and now takes over as one of the judges on TCM. I find him to be slightly snobbish. Ok, I'll go hide now. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast