+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/6 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/6 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I find Curtis Stone dull. No spark. I'd take Tom C's eyerolling over CS, and I'd happily watch Antony Bourdain or Eric Ripert. At least they show some personality!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was afraid that I was the strange one who did not enjoy this show. Who are all of these people? Boring, boring, boring!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I saw the promos and the endless commercials on Bravo, the only chef I recognized was Mary Sue Milliken.
    I loved TCM - S1. All the chefs were pretty known.
    I haven't bothered to watch this one and I don't think, by the comments, I'm inspired to tune in to this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think this one is going to be a snoozefest. There's no Hubert Keller!!
    Seriously, I'll watch for now because I love Top Chef but it doesn't look promising right now.

I adore Curtis Stone and think he's great! I think as people see more shows they will get to see his personality more and fiery critiques. I think the reason people are finding the show boring is because the two previous judges, the dark curly-headed guy and older female who liked to wear hats(their names escape me right now), were more vibrant and fiery in their critiques. The new lady judges is quite boring in her critiques. The younger female judges isn't a regular, she will be appearing later again this season though, wasn't enough to make up for it either.

I also think some are not happy with the new format because they liked when the chefs weren't as directly comepetitive so they had plenty of time to be all friendly with chefly love 'til the end. Now, they have to be like the regular Top Chef, and they are directly competitive and around each other full time. Their true competitive natures and personalities come out.I don't min dit. It is a competition. I also think this is just the first show. I think we will see more chef personalities and comraderie as the show goes on along with the competitive side. This is the shows 3rd season. It started out with many well known cef's by everyone. However, as you keep going you have to bring in new chefs to keep it going and fresh who are still well known locally, if not nationally, that some may not know. Here's to tonight's show!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12