+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    He has diabetes and that may play a part. Or just an aging metabolism.

I would like to hear what everyone was thinking when preparing their one bite for the finalists to taste and choose their helpers. Carla made a salsa. To me, that smacks of trying to duck the pick. I suspect most of them didn't want the helper job and would have prefered to head out and play.

I was surprised that both wanted Jen to help them. She was such a sour puss on this show and I barely remember her on her season.
    They both wanted Jaime because she was a workhouse in the kitchen. Mike is the one who said Jen is so slow, but she ended up on his team.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

He has diabetes and that may play a part. Or just an aging metabolism.

I would like to hear what everyone was thinking when preparing their one bite for the finalists to taste and choose their helpers. Carla made a salsa. To me, that smacks of trying to duck the pick. I suspect most of them didn't want the helper job and would have prefered to head out and play.

I was surprised that both wanted Jen to help them. She was such a sour puss on this show and I barely remember her on her season.
    Harold graduated from high school in 1995 and won Top Chef season 1 in 2006 when he was 29 yrs old. That makes him 34 now. Males in their 30's are in their prime not aging.

I believe they both wanted "loose cannon" Jen because she's got the great resume, while they both wanted to avoid picking Jaime "soups n scallops" because she's slow at prep. Jaime, however, was picked by Mike and was able to produce without any mention of her having problems with her speed.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Harold graduated from high school in 1995 and won Top Chef season 1 in 2006 when he was 29 yrs old. That makes him 34 now. Males in their 30's are in their prime not aging.
    My son is 35, an excellent chef (at home) and he is gaining weight. He is noticing that he cannot eat the calories he did 5 years ago.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    They both wanted Jaime because she was a workhouse in the kitchen. Mike is the one who said Jen is so slow, but she ended up on his team.
    This is backwards. Jaime is the slow one and it seemed they thought Jen was very skilled on top of being a good worker. Jen got the beach and Jaime got Mike. Richard did mention that he would like Jen too.

Mike is a sore loser. As Richard was modest and humble. As glad that he won. A nice guy winning for once!
    NFL 2014 is Here!

My son is 35, an excellent chef (at home) and he is gaining weight. He is noticing that he cannot eat the calories he did 5 years ago.
    Also at 35 is he as active as he was at 25. That makes a big difference.

This is backwards. Jaime is the slow one and it seemed they thought Jen was very skilled on top of being a good worker. Jen got the beach and Jaime got Mike. Richard did mention that he would like Jen too.
    Hey, they are both blonde and they have names that begin with J. Close enough.

I didn't really care who won since both Mike and Richard had their good points and their annoying points and I think they're both talented.

All I care about right now is that I finally found Mike Isabella's recipe for the Pepperoni Sauce that he made on the final show!!!

I had never heard of that before (not counting pepperoni in pasta sauce) and it sounded wonderful. Can't wait to try it.
    (and yes, I know how much fat will be in there and I don't care.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I didn't really care who won since both Mike and Richard had their good points and their annoying points and I think they're both talented.

All I care about right now is that I finally found Mike Isabella's recipe for the Pepperoni Sauce that he made on the final show!!!

I had never heard of that before (not counting pepperoni in pasta sauce) and it sounded wonderful. Can't wait to try it.
    (and yes, I know how much fat will be in there and I don't care.)
    Really? Really?! A sauce made of canned stuff? I hate canned food! Tomato sauce is something I think of as junk!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast