+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: All-Stars 3/30 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Now that Richard has won, I hope he uses a little of his money to get something decent done with his hair. That mess is a fright-night obscenity.

And, has Mike always rocked from side-to-side when he was standing before the judges?? I wanted to scream, "Stand Still!!!" (Judge Judy and I don't like for people to constantly rock from side-to-side!!!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I do not care for Richard, though his victory was assured.
    I hate the way he stretches his neck and mouth to speak; I remember his getting a pass when he went over the time (whatever show that was); and I'm not sold on the ethics of a re-do for the Foie Gras Ice-cream (Liver ice-cream! Bleagh!!). (And I LIKE foie gras!)

How exactly does one interpret Gail's comment that she would "want to eat at Mike's during the week, and [...] eat at Richard's on the weekends."? Is it because she likes Mike's restaurant more, and would want to eat there more often, or is it because Richard's is special, so she would want to eat it on days of non-work?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    I hate the way he stretches his neck and mouth to speak; I remember his getting a pass when he went over the time (whatever show that was); and I'm not sold on the ethics of a re-do for the Foie Gras Ice-cream (Liver ice-cream! Bleagh!!). (And I LIKE foie gras!)
    I don't think how you speak has anything to do with the kind of chef you are, and he did not get a "pass", he would have won that elimination challenge, but was not allowed to.

I also don't think there is any rule that would prevent him from improving his ice cream. He didn't try to hide the fact that he had changed it and was quite open about it in judging.

Congratulations to Richard!

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    How exactly does one interpret Gail's comment that she would "want to eat at Mike's during the week, and [...] eat at Richard's on the weekends."? Is it because she likes Mike's restaurant more, and would want to eat there more often, or is it because Richard's is special, so she would want to eat it on days of non-work?
    I think maybe Gail meant that Mike's food was more classic/traditional, and that Richard's is more adventurous. So she would go to Mike's for his reliable execution of more classic food, and treat herself to Richard's food as a special occasion on weekends.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

On the live show at 11, the moderator asked Mike who he thought should have stayed longer and he said Angelo. Who he thought should have gone sooner..Tiffany. I agree with him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    The redo made sense to me as part of the challenge. They were supposed to create a restaurant not just a meal. In a real restaurant, if you got feedback from customers that something was not good, you would make adjustments to it before serving any more.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The redo made sense to me as part of the challenge. They were supposed to create a restaurant not just a meal. In a real restaurant, if you got feedback from customers that something was not good, you would make adjustments to it before serving any more.
    And he didn't change it to something else, he improved on it. IMO only, I thought that his taking the time to do that, plus his amuse bouche of "oyster and pearls", is what put him over the top.

(And Richard, unlike Mike, made sure to have his front-of-the-house person report back to him with comments. I thought that was smart...although I'm not sure just how unobtrusive Spike was in those clothes ;-) )

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    (And Richard, unlike Mike, made sure to have his front-of-the-house person report back to him with comments. I thought that was smart...although I'm not sure just how unobtrusive Spike was in those clothes ;-) )
    You know, when Spike first went out I thought, how could they not notice him lurking behind them? There's this scruffy guy in a dirty plaid and a fedora clearly listening in. But it was almost like he was so incredibly obvious that for some reason, their minds couldn't process him there in that nice restaurant. I don't know, but it seemed like none of them noticed him listening in.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    You know, when Spike first went out I thought, how could they not notice him lurking behind them? There's this scruffy guy in a dirty plaid and a fedora clearly listening in. But it was almost like he was so incredibly obvious that for some reason, their minds couldn't process him there in that nice restaurant. I don't know, but it seemed like none of them noticed him listening in.
    I agree with you there. All I could notice was how scruffy and out of place he looked. His attire really stood out to me. But really smart move to have him report back on what was going on.
    I was ok with either Mike or Richard winning. They both are excellent and they both annoyed me in different ways. Never could summon up complete likability for either one. C'est la vie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast