+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 3/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Richard! Wanted him from the beginning. I hope Richard's classy style comes thru in the restaurant design and his food blows Mike out of the water!

You know, at first, I did want Blais for the win, but in someways he's like Mike. Both have too big of ego's and i wanted Antonia or just someone other than those guys win. Sadly, I am leaning more towards Mike and I NEVER thought i would say that....NEVER
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

At this point I hope Mike wins. I don't favor him, but he studied up and can cook. Richard's "I choked in my season" deal has seriously worn me down. But I have issues with Antonia's elimination. Scotch bonnets too hot? Curry to pungent? I know it's subjective, but I want a punch of flavor and a whole lot of spice and Scotch bonnets aren't at all to spicy for me. Sure, they are hot, but a couple of slices? It's my once a week lunch from the local lunch station. I wish Bourdain had been part of the finale...he's far more adventurous than "I cook meat blandly" Tom.

FORT Fogey

They were hyping Richard's story so hard this episode that I thought he might be the surprise exit. Since he's still there, I think that he'd have to implode completely to lose the title, because it seems pretty clear that they'd like to have him as the "feel good" win, as opposed to Mike who didn't get that close to the final on his season.

At this point, I don't have a horse left in the race, so I guess I don't care all that much who wins. They've both been pretty annoying lately, but I'm tempted to cut Richard a little more slack, given the family issues he's dealt with lately and because he wasn't that annoying during his first season, so maybe it's nerves this time around. Mike's always been annoying, however, and I think he deliberately did everything he could to oust Antonia this round and not just by outcooking her. I don't buy that he really wanted to compete against Richard in the final as his excuse for doing that either. I think he just wanted an all guy final.

FORT Fan

Okay, as a southerner, I really hated every bit of the idea of Mike's dish. I know Michelle said he could have fun with it....but fried chicken and biscuits are sacred where I come from. I was really hoping he'd go home just cause he messed with one of my favorite foods.

FORT Fan

I just realized that Antonia worked for six years at Spago and that the vote that did her in was from Wolfgang Puck.
    Trust Me!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    I just realized that Antonia worked for six years at Spago and that the vote that did her in was from Wolfgang Puck.
    Wow! That is something. I wonder if Puck felt threatened?

FORT Fogey

Just dropping to say that I've really enjoyed All Stars! These are all really great, relatable people with huge passion for what they do. And, kitchen folk are often known to be laid back. The show itself is one great big old recipe - and it has been done to perfection (most times), IMO.

Here Wolfgang Puck said if he woke up tomorrow the flavor he would remember would be Antonia's grouper yet he voted for Mike? I wish someone would explain that to me.

While I do think that Mike has grown as a chef, it kinda pissed me off that Mikey was throwing the toughest twists on to Antonia because he wanted to get rid of her because she was the weaker chef and he wanted to go against the better chef, in this case Richard. Yet it seemed that Antonia did better then Richard in the challenges. While I do dislike Mike for doing this, I do hope he wins over Richard. Perverse I know.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I actually admired Mike for his desire to go up against the stronger competitor (Richard). That is pretty rare. Lots of times we see a strong competitor knocked out, or even see other contestants sort of gang up to get them out.

I am not really crazy about any of them, but I hope Mike wins. I don't find Richard's drama or his convoluted dishes very appealing. Mike has been turning out some good looking dishes towards the end here, and I hope he takes the title. Richard has seemed to think the whole season was about him alone. (NOT)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast