+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All-Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Plagiarism? What nefarious deeds has Mike perpetrated this week?

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the hyped drama!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: All-Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Go Carla!

FORT Fogey

I still don't like him, but I had to laugh when Carla jokingly asked Tiffany if she wanted to trade Marcel for Tre, after she found out Tre knew almost nothing about traditional southern cooking, and Marcel replied, "She'll stick with her white shrimp."

Second place for line of the night goes to a confused Richard saying, "Fabio says he loves me because I remind him of his ex-wife."

And I love that Richard wants to invite Fabio to go with him and his family on the trip to Barbados that he won. I wonder if Fabio will bring his turtle along.

I'm crushed. My favorite got sent home. I'll miss you Dale!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    I'm crushed. My favorite got sent home. I'll miss you Dale!
    I wasn't as fond of Dale as you were, but I did like his final speech about how he didn't like the person he seemed to be on his first season and was happier with how he handled himself this time around. He may not have won top chef either season, but that shows that being on the show was a huge benefit to him in other ways.

And, he did walk away with $10,000. It's not the title of top chef, but it's not a bad consolation prize.

Poor Dale, he tried really hard. If Richard doesn't want other people to see his book of recipes, he should have kept it to himself and not shown Mike or discussed recipes with him. Mike is snake and I wasn't surprised he stole Richards idea.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Poor Dale, he tried really hard. If Richard doesn't want other people to see his book of recipes, he should have kept it to himself and not shown Mike or discussed recipes with him. Mike is snake and I wasn't surprised he stole Richards idea.
    While I thought what Mike did was wrong, I also felt that Richard should have known better than to show his book of recipes to anyone he didn't absolutely trust implicitly.

I wasn't rooting for Dale to win but that elimination was heartbreaking. Dale with Angelo as a sous chef sounded like a dream team. I liked Dale as a chef the first go around and liked him even better this go around. He has grown and his exit clip was very sweet.

CARLA! Pull it together woman! This is the kind of challenge she would have killed on her season. Come on Carla! Hootie!

I felt so sorry for Antonia losing that quickfire even though she was the clear winner. It's even worse that it left the win for Mike's stolen dish idea. Yes, Richard should have been hidden his dish ideas from Mike but I guess he couldn't believe the guy could be that obvious with his slimeball tactics. To later rub it in also lacked class.

Tiffany has to check behind her sous chef, especially when your sous chef is Marcel. Not that I believe he tried to tank her or would ever do that, but when you are dealing with a guy who thinks he can do something better either his heart isn't going to be in it and you're going to taste that or he's going to intentionally or unintentionally put his own spin on it. In this case I think his heart wasn't in it and he just phoned it in.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I need to finish watching this episode (no one ever calls me but I had 3 long calls interrupt my TC/Justified night) but I have to say I am utterly shocked Dale was eliminated. After last week's episode I truly thought he'd be in the finale. And I want Mike gone, like weeks ago. So there are 2 guys and 3 gals left. I guess that spoiler I read early on about an all-male finale were utterly bogus. There has to be at least one woman left in the finale. Right now, my money is on Antonia. Though I probably shouldn't say that, since my early favorites were a Richard, Jen, Angelo and Fabio/Dale finale.

FORT Fogey

I am actually kind of glad Dale is gone. I'm neither a hater or a major fan. But, the guy is strong...but when he blows it, he blows it in a big way. And, given how this season is going, I suppose i shouldn't be surprised.

I really wish Tiffany would go...there's no room for mediocrity at this stage of the game, and I think she, like Angelo, are just burned out.

On the flip side, with Dale gone, my personal favorites (of those that remain) have a better shot of going to the end - Richard, Carla, and Antonia. I like Mike. I know, audience of one, but I do like him. I'd like to see him as F4.

I'm always wrong about these things...but Carla has a tendency to crash and burn - kind of like Dale. As she said tonight, she gets stressed. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't make it to the end.

Just had a thought ... what if she did and they pair her with Casey again?!?! They wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't do that, but it would be good tv.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast