+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The preview made me worry that Carla may go home next week. I know, I know, they set that stuff up to get that reaction.

I was fine with Angelo leaving. As long as Carla is in the final 3 I will be thrilled. I would like to see Carla, Antonia and Richard go against each other.

The muppets were hilarious. You had to listen carefully or you'd miss one. Every crack was funny.

The people who inhabit those characters are comnic geniuses in their own right.

Carla was driving me crazy running around the store instead of cooking. I'm glad she didn't go home though. Antonia's cookies looked yummy!

My favorite part of the the sesame street challenge was watching those cookies flying everywhere while they were eating. It was hilarious watching the chefs getting cookies thrown all over them.

I also loved the shout out that Elmo gave to Blaise's daughter. How many times is that kid going to watch her dad talking to Elmo and Elmo actually saying her name. That's her rock star moment!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Mikey sandbagged Angelo! (Not that Angelo shouldn't ultimately be his own last, best "Taster")

Its kind of poetic justice seeing as how a LOT of previous Top Cheftestants have gone home based on Angelo's advice.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-17-2011 at 09:10 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I knew someone would say this, but if you listen carefully, he didn't.

Angelo asked him to taste the soup and Mike said "It's a little thick" which is also what the judges said.

I was so glad to see the chefs having fun with the Sesame Street characters! They could have so easily not taken it seriously, but they were ALL such good sports - even the ones who didn't have kids so weren't necessarily as attached. That's really what I like about this season. Apart from Jaime and Marcel (who I think may be unable to help himself) everyone was pretty professional and everyone was a good sport. The conflicts are simply personality based and there's no maliciousness behind any of it. There's drama without constant drama.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post

Angelo asked him to taste the soup and Mike said "It's a little thick" which is also what the judges said.
    I thought Mike said that it was missing something (but I don't remember if he said it needed salt).

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I thought Mike said that it was missing something (but I don't remember if he said it needed salt).
    He said both. First he said, "It's a little thick." Angelo asked, "Does it need more salt?" Mike said, " It's missing something." He said "something" several times, like he wasn't sure what. Later on he tasted it again and said "It's a little too salty."

I know. I watch this show too much.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    The preview made me worry that Carla may go home next week. I know, I know, they set that stuff up to get that reaction.

I was fine with Angelo leaving. As long as Carla is in the final 3 I will be thrilled. I would like to see Carla, Antonia and Richard go against each other.
    That would be my dream team right there. I hate to say it, though. Dale is kicking some serious arse ... he'd have to really fumble not to make to the end.

Mike and Tiffany seem to just get by and they may coast in to the end, too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post

I was so glad to see the chefs having fun with the Sesame Street characters! They could have so easily not taken it seriously, but they were ALL such good sports - even the ones who didn't have kids so weren't necessarily as attached. That's really what I like about this season. Apart from Jaime and Marcel (who I think may be unable to help himself) everyone was pretty professional and everyone was a good sport. The conflicts are simply personality based and there's no maliciousness behind any of it. There's drama without constant drama.
    Um, actually, Jen, while I don't think she especially picked a fight with anyone, got a little unprofessional in her exit. We may not have seen it, but we sure did hear it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast