+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was watching the previews for next week - are the previous contestants returning? Looks like they maybe get paired up with eliminated All-Stars?

FORT Newbie

I don't understand how Tiffany is still there. She has been in the worse group two weeks in a row & has never won an EC. I really liked Angelo and wish him the best but I think he was just burned out. Dale has won a lot of IC and EC challenges and it is his to lose.

Tiffany is still there because she has managed to be mediocre. Her biggest mistakes seem to come from calling dishes by the wrong name. A chicken and dumplings is not really a chicken and dumplings. A jambalaya is not really a jambalaya. Thing is they all seem to be edible, even quite tasty in some cases. When you're in a competition that is judged on a dish by dish basis they may call you out on your mistakes, but they're sending home a dish that's inedible. She's not the first chef to work her way to the top of the competition by being mediocre and then has to opportunity to cook what they want to cook and do well (remember Lisa?). It could happen-or she could go home next. If we go by how well she's done this season she should be next-followed by Mike. If we consider that people can come on strong at the last minute and we know that she knows how to make food that the judges like, she may just come on strong right when she needs to.

BTW-Yes, it was great that Dale used the iron to make a good sandwich but let's face it-it's not a new concept. anyone who has seen a prison movie or who, as Dale admitted, has been in a dorm that doesn't allow cooking has seen similar tactics. Was much more impressed by Fabio that one challenge where he used the rack to grate cheese.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Tiffany is still there because she has managed to be mediocre. Her biggest mistakes seem to come from calling dishes by the wrong name. A chicken and dumplings is not really a chicken and dumplings. A jambalaya is not really a jambalaya. Thing is they all seem to be edible, even quite tasty in some cases. When you're in a competition that is judged on a dish by dish basis they may call you out on your mistakes, but they're sending home a dish that's inedible. She's not the first chef to work her way to the top of the competition by being mediocre and then has to opportunity to cook what they want to cook and do well (remember Lisa?). It could happen-or she could go home next. If we go by how well she's done this season she should be next-followed by Mike. If we consider that people can come on strong at the last minute and we know that she knows how to make food that the judges like, she may just come on strong right when she needs to.

BTW-Yes, it was great that Dale used the iron to make a good sandwich but let's face it-it's not a new concept. anyone who has seen a prison movie or who, as Dale admitted, has been in a dorm that doesn't allow cooking has seen similar tactics. Was much more impressed by Fabio that one challenge where he used the rack to grate cheese.
    The fact that Tiffany and Mike are still there over more accomplished chefs speaks to the need, especially for an all-stars version, of a different scoring system that equates to the notion of an overall GPA as opposed to "failing" people, so to speak, based on a single test.

If the rumor that someone unexpected sneaks into the finals is true, I could see it being Tiffany. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I could see it happening. If it's true, I hope Carla makes it too, and that she's the ultimate winner. I think she's a better chef than Tiffany, and, well, I just would rather watch her than Tiffany.

I hope Carla wins as well-she likely IS the better chef of the two, probably even when Tiffany is on her game. Blaise is running himself right out of this thing by overthinking everything. Dale is setting himself up for the winners circle by doing the exact opposite. He's keeping it very simple. He's doing only what needs to be done and not a bit more.Tiffany is on vacation. She doesn't want to cook with these people she wants to hang with these people. She's a fan of the show, and I think the cooking is getting in the way of her enjoying these chefs she seems to admire so much.

I don't know-if they did a point system here I think it would need to be in the average TC season as well. After all, some pretty awesome chefs may have gone out on the first 3 challenges and are quickly forgotten who may have been all stars with a point system. It's a cooking competition, but there is a lot of "game show" and "chance" involved as well. So when a Lisa, or a Jaime, or even a Tiffany D. last too long and a Tiffani F. goes home early, it says more about the type of competition it is than the food they are able to make. I'm sure if you make it on this show your food must be pretty darn good in the first place.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I hope Carla wins as well-she likely IS the better chef of the two, probably even when Tiffany is on her game. Blaise is running himself right out of this thing by overthinking everything. Dale is setting himself up for the winners circle by doing the exact opposite. He's keeping it very simple. He's doing only what needs to be done and not a bit more.Tiffany is on vacation. She doesn't want to cook with these people she wants to hang with these people. She's a fan of the show, and I think the cooking is getting in the way of her enjoying these chefs she seems to admire so much.

I don't know-if they did a point system here I think it would need to be in the average TC season as well. After all, some pretty awesome chefs may have gone out on the first 3 challenges and are quickly forgotten who may have been all stars with a point system. It's a cooking competition, but there is a lot of "game show" and "chance" involved as well. So when a Lisa, or a Jaime, or even a Tiffany D. last too long and a Tiffani F. goes home early, it says more about the type of competition it is than the food they are able to make. I'm sure if you make it on this show your food must be pretty darn good in the first place.
    I'd be fine with there being a point system for all seasons, but I think that it's especially crucial in an all-stars season.

Richard is over-thinking and more than that, over-worrying. About everything. He's not only worrying about himself but about other people, even when the worry isn't particularly warranted. He's putting way too much pressure on himself to win. I also still think it must be hard to work around his endless clouds of liquid nitrogen.

Dale may be making it through by not over-thinking or over-working each task, but if he makes it to the final, he better not try grilled cheese and tomato soup tactics.

Actually, I will not be happy if Dale, Mike, or Tiffany win, because I just don't think they are all-star quality. The other three may be--and all of them made it to at least the final four of their seasons as well as the final six of this season. As for Dale, Mike, and Tiffany, I don't know that I would have immediately thought of any of them for an all-star season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    So Dale wins $30,000 this episode for not baking a cookie and making an upgraded version of drunken college kid food?

I didn't mind the cookie win so much, because some cookies aren't baked, and at least some originality was involved. But I really thought that even if Richard's dish wasn't that attractive, it involved a lot more skill and was more impressive, given the situation in which it was cooked.
    Thank you - Yes, ITA
    When Richard got dinged for "it wasnt a cookie" then they reward Dale for making "not a cookie"? done.

OK - I admit it, I just dont like Dale!

I think they are trying to keep the women around for a few more rounds, because in the end all 3 dishes were bad, and the judges could justify sending anyone in the bottom 3 home - so it doesnt surprise me if the judges were nudged into realizing the women were dropping out too fast - do they really want an all male finale (or was it 7 men to 3 women?)

Noooo! First we lose Fabio and now Angelo? I'm heartbroken. I wanted he or Carla to win this thing. As much as I like Tiffany, she should have gone home instead of Angelo.

I did enjoy the quickfire with the Muppets. Such a fun challenge.

Well, a lot of my enjoyment walked right out the door with Angelo. *sigh*

Dale has really grown on me. Didn't like him at the beginning of the season, and now, I kind of like him, at least enough to where I'd buy him a beer if met in a bar.

Sad to see Angelo gone, but it is what it is. Hope to see Tiffany gone soon.

I see the top three being Richard, Dale & Carla. If those three make it to the top, I won't mind if any of them win.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Perfectly fine with Angelo being sent home, although I could say the same if it had been Tiffany.

I know the Muppets weren't meant for adults, but I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes watching this episode.

Elmo: How much thyme?

Telly: 45 minutes!!!

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast