+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So Dale wins $30,000 this episode for not baking a cookie and making an upgraded version of drunken college kid food?

I didn't mind the cookie win so much, because some cookies aren't baked, and at least some originality was involved. But I really thought that even if Richard's dish wasn't that attractive, it involved a lot more skill and was more impressive, given the situation in which it was cooked.

FORT Fogey

I think Angelo's probably going home, given the comments, but Tiffany's crying jag (and yes, we all know where you're from now) is making me feel like I wouldn't mind seeing her gone.

They said "shocking elimination" tonight. That, to me, means Carla or Angelo. Tiffany wouldn't be that shocking.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    They said "shocking elimination" tonight. That, to me, means Carla or Angelo. Tiffany wouldn't be that shocking.
    Agreed. They've used "inedible" several times to describe Angelo's. Damn. Though I would hate to see Carla go too. I'm the least attached to Tiffany of this trio.

FORT Fogey

I think it's Angelo too, since they made a point of saying they couldn't eat more than a spoonful of his and that it was too rich in addition to being too salty.

It bugs me that the chefs were told that they were responsible for linens etc., Carla wasted a lot of time decorating her station, and then the judges never even looked at the stations. If that wasn't part of the challenge, then why mention it?

I really think, overall, that Tiffany is the least accomplished of those three, but I think she'll get by again with passing off a food as something other than what it was, since that wasn't really jambalaya.

I agree. While I really like Tiffany, she just seems to more enjoy the experience of being around the other chefs this time more than she is concerned about the food. I think she's very humbled to be in the company of so many chefs that she admires and by how far this show has taken her.

Angelo-if he makes it through, he better keep Mike away from his food.

-Unknown Author-

Ugh- I hate this elimination so much. Angelo really grew on more over the past two seasons.

-Unknown Author-

Man, I'm heartbroken. What a touching exit. I'll miss Angelo. :-(

Angelo is correct. He's been cooking like this for two straight seasons and I think he just burned out. Too bad. I really like the guy.

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

So it's down to Dale, Richard, Mike, Tiffany, Carla, and Antonia, correct?

I guess out of those six, my choice for the final three would be Carla, Richard, and Antonia (in that order). Dale's won a lot, though, so I could see him sneaking in there. Unless there's a real upset somewhere, I don't think Tiffany and Mike are likely to make it much further. As was pointed out tonight, Tiffany hasn't won anything yet, even though she won a lot in her own season, and she's the last one left who hasn't won a thing. She and Mike haven't been as consistent as the others have been either, and they've messed up in ways they really shouldn't have (Tiffany's last two dishes not really being what she claimed they were; Mike messing up the Italian challenge). Dale's a little bit of a wild card. He's a lot calmer than the last time he was on Top Chef, but I think the pace of everything is wearing on his nerves a bit. If he lets it get to him, that could be his downfall.

As for my three picks, Carla needs to avoid silly mistakes like wasting so much time on tonight's table linens, Richard needs to stop worrying so much about himself and everyone else, and Antonia...well, she needs to avoid her own curse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast