+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Jimmy Fallon!!? What could he possibly want??

Please keep all discussion in her until 11PM PT, 2AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm having flashbacks to teenage birthday/slumber parties at my friend Jane's house. Her mother made a mean chocolate fondue....

I'd be willing to try any of those fondues, except maybe Angelo's, but that's just because I don't like beets much. I also wonder if it's a little scary to be working in the kitchen next to Richard when he's suddenly surrounded by smoke....

Angelo and Tiffany are both in the top? Geez, I thought those two sounded the least appealing, because of the beets and because I thought the fritters might be just a little big to handle in a single bite.

Tiffany was in the bottom I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187518;
    Tiffany was in the bottom I think.
    Whoops...I must have heard wrong.

Does it seem like some of these dishes would be easier to make in two hours than others?

This is painful. Every elimination is going to be heartbreaking from here on out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4187575;
    This is painful. Every elimination is going to be heartbreaking from here on out.
    I totally agree. Partly that's also because the remaining chefs seem to be getting along reasonably well. They're still competitive with each other, but there's no outright nastiness between them.

And now I want a chicken pot pie....

Ohhhh, Fabio. I'm so heartbroken. But I was terrified they'd send Dale home. I would have preferred Tiffany, but oh well.

WOOHOO, go Carla! I love that woman!

On a sadder note, I'm sad to see Fabio go...but still not as sad as I was to see Tre' go last week...he was my favorite!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

No! Not Fabio!

I'm sorry, but I'd rather eat a meatloaf-like burger than something that was overly salty, especially since the saltiness was partially due to the bread Dale picked. You shouldn't have to be a chef to know that if there's visible rock salt on the bread, you have to be careful of how much salt/salty seasonings you put in the contents of the sandwich. For that matter, having listened to endless explanations of how important the bread is in a Philly cheesesteak sandwich is (a colleague is a big Philly cheesesteak fan), I can't quite picture using pretzel bread in the first place.

Okay, I take it back about everyone getting along--I missed the argument about the mussels at the beginning of the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;4187594;
    WOOHOO, go Carla! I love that woman!

On a sadder note, I'm sad to see Fabio go...but still not as sad as I was to see Tre' go last week...he was my favorite!
    I'd say Carla is my favorite of the chefs now. She's positive without being annoyingly chirpy, she's funny, and she can straight up cook without having to get all gimmicky or self-important about it. She also stays away from the drama insofar as that's possible.

I understand better now why Richard seems so uptight. He evidently feels considerable pressure--from himself, if no one else--to win this season because he choked in the finals of his own season. I'm sorry he feels that way. Win or lose, I think he's still a talented chef, and I suspect a lot of people would feel the same way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast