+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: All-Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It seems the sticking point of Fabio's argument about Antonia's dish was the use of fennel with the mussels. Any thoughts on that?
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;4188355;
    It seems the sticking point of Fabio's argument about Antonia's dish was the use of fennel with the mussels. Any thoughts on that?
    Watch Eric Ripert's video Blog about it. I think he is pretty much an expert in that type of stuff. He said the dish wasn't French. Also all the judges and people at the meal said Italian means using local fresh ingrediants and let the ingrediants speak for themselves. Whether the dish was Italian as made in Italy or was Italian as Italian American didn't matter. Tom said everyone agreed it was an Italian dish.

Fabio is one of my favorite contestants ever. But he needs to let this mussels thing go. I read his past two blogs (fabioviviani.com), and seriously he mentions the mussels thing about 60 times. He mentioned it on the show as well. Tom, Bourdain, and Ripert, as well as everyone at Rao's that night, seems to feel Antonia's dish was legit for the challenge; as much as I love Fabio, I'll go with the majority here - at least that it's an Italian-American dish. Fabio, you're a talented chef and a sweetheart... you're above such pettiness!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4190151;
    Fabio is one of my favorite contestants ever. But he needs to let this mussels thing go. I read his past two blogs (fabioviviani.com), and seriously he mentions the mussels thing about 60 times. He mentioned it on the show as well. Tom, Bourdain, and Ripert, as well as everyone at Rao's that night, seems to feel Antonia's dish was legit for the challenge; as much as I love Fabio, I'll go with the majority here - at least that it's an Italian-American dish. Fabio, you're a talented chef and a sweetheart... you're above such pettiness!
    I think part of the problem was that it was the second time in a row that Fabio had a reason to feel he might have been second by a very small margin. Combine that with the fact that it was an Italian challenge, and he is Italian, and, well, that might explain the pettiness. Not excuse it, mind you, but explain it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345