+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I can't believe Antonia won with steamed mussels. REALLY??? That's traditional family-style Italian??? Fabio was robbed as far as I'm concerned.

And Carla was robbed in the quickfire. Her dish looked more like high fashion!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I was surprised Carla made top 4. It seemed as if most of the people liked it but no one was raving about it. I like her so it's ok by me, though .

I thought the entire room was very disrespectful to Antonia on her win. I don't think she is one of the best chefs left, but she did win. In this particular challange it wasn't about putting 26 ingrediants together artfully on a plate, it was about simple, classic, good food and she seemed to accomplish that so she should get her props for winning. I love Fabio, but I think even he was just a teeny weeny bit (okay a lot) miffed he didn't win and wasn't a terrible good sport either (at least out of Antonia's sight anyway).

I think Mike should have definitely gone home. An Italian challange and you didn't cook your pasta? Instant elimination. End of story. I thought of the 3 of them that Tre was the safest, but apparently I was wrong 'bout that one!

ETA that I still love Anthony Bourdain. Can't help it. Just do.

Has anyone been watching the "After Hours" videos on bravotv.com? There are some really funny clips. My favorite is one of Fabio going on about missing his turtle while Richard gets a little jealous that he's not enough for him.

I felt kind of bad for Fabio for coming so close again and not getting the win. He's actually been in the top this season more than Dale or Richard, but hasn't snagged a win. Actually, more than anyone aside from Angelo.

I really wish I had a bowl of Carla's Minestrone right now. Incredibly sad to see Tre go....He and Dale are my favorites.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=texasgal26;4177459;]Has anyone been watching the "After Hours" videos on bravotv.com? There are some really funny clips. My favorite is one of Fabio going on about missing his turtle while Richard gets a little jealous that he's not enough for him.

Well, maybe if Richard just came out of his shell a little more....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4177459;
    Has anyone been watching the "After Hours" videos on bravotv.com? There are some really funny clips. My favorite is one of Fabio going on about missing his turtle while Richard gets a little jealous that he's not enough for him.
    did you see the one where he's talking about soccer? He goes "When I was young, I always started my letter to Santa by saying 'I can explain everything'."

I love Fabio....he just always cracks me up.

If what Fabio said was true, that is, Antonia's dish was French in origin, then really, he was robbed.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4177508;
    did you see the one where he's talking about soccer? He goes "When I was young, I always started my letter to Santa by saying 'I can explain everything'."

I love Fabio....he just always cracks me up.
    That video is hilarious. My favorite thing about it is how he's kicking the soccer ball around everywhere making noise and Carla is calmly at the counter cooking and ignoring him, until he makes a "goal" and looks to her for praise.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge;4177551;
    If what Fabio said was true, that is, Antonia's dish was French in origin, then really, he was robbed.
    If you watch the Eric Ripert's video blog you will see that he doesn't consider Antonia's dish to be French and I think he tends to be an expert on that type of stuff. One of the other bloggers on the TLC page (can't remember which one right now) said that all the people in the restaurant felt it was a classic Italian dish. Also Tom even addressed it a little farther by saying that the requirements weren't to make an ITALIAN dish, they were to make a family dish. Just because most of the judges were Italian didn't mean it HAD to be Italian.

Saying something is or isn't Italian isn't very easy since it needs to encompase everything from Sicily to Northern Italy.

FORT Regular

Tre being sent home is absolutely ridiculous. You didn't hear any of the judges saying his dish was inedible, whereas Dale's they said wasn't very good. How Mike didn't go home with his undercooked pasta dish is beyond me. I'm done with this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast