+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All-Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Restaurant Wars!!

Tonight's episode is super-sized (75 mins) -- adjust your recorders if necessary.

Please keep all discussion in her until 11PM PT, 2AM ET.

Enjoy the drama!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: All-Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Goodness. It's like a disaster team versus a dream team.

OK. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Fabio.

FORT Fogey

I'm pretty sure Antonia made the most accurate summary of Marcel tonight:
    "You. Are. On drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4154717;
    OK. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Fabio.
    I haven't loved him so far this season, but after tonight, I love him again.

But I still want Carla or Blais to go the distance.

And DING DONG, MARCEL IS GONE! Hallelujah! Na-na-na-na, hey, hey hey...get lost!

The middle portion of this ep that featured Marcel's service and then their judging was just depressing. When Dale's team came out and it became a love-fest, I felt so much better. I just wanted to dive in the middle of all that love!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Pack your foam and go.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I was seriously ready to call all allegiance to this show over the many moons if Tiffany got hung up by Marcel's actions. So, so relived at the result.

Bourdain to Marcel: "Why foam? Why now?"

I loved this ep. From start to finish a feel-good episode. The judges' blogs about Marcel on bravotv.com only reinforce what I've seen from him this season.

FORT Fogey

Well, I for one adore Marcel. And, I adore Mike I. And Angelo S.

I was especially touched by how Mike and Angelo in how they dealt with/spoke about Marcel. While certainly frustrated with him, they really seemed to understand and empathise with where he is at in life. I hope he watches this episode and learns from their comments.

And, I liked what Angelo said...he doesn't mind working with Marcel because Marcel has passion for food and is very creative. Marcel would shine if he weren't such a knob. People can't see through the ass-hole personality to get to and fully appreciate his food. Herein lies Marcel's singular weakness on a show like this and likely life in general. He really does need to be retrained socially some how.

Oh, and my prediction from day one is is crubmling fast. I thought Tiffani F. would make the finals - and Marcel as a possible F4. The other two I had pegged were Richard and Angelo. They may still get there, but I think Dale is having a great run and may even take the title.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-20-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I just loved this episode. I thought Dale did everything right picking his team- first by picking Blais (my fave) and then by picking Fabio (just have to love him). He recognized that Fabio can run the FOTH with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back and it was a very smart move. I can't believe how much more I am starting to like Dale now compared to his season when he was the one I liked the least. I am also warming to Mike Isabella- taking him away from Jen and the Voltaggio twins has done him a world of good. I can't say I love him just yet, but he certainly doesn't bother me as much as he did in his season.

Did anyone else think that the teams were soooo lopsided at the start and it looked sooooo obvious that Dale's team would win that the exact opposite would happen? I'm glad it didn't.

I never saw Marcel's season, so I had no knowledge of his prior run, but after just watching the past few weeks, he does seem to like to stir the pot and doesn't play well with others. I think the remaining players will gel fine with one another no matter how they get mixed up now that Marcel is gone.

So far I am really liking this season!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast