+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Marcel enjoys being an annoying arse, but one day he'll come up against the wrong person. He loves to push buttons and then play the victim. Not buying that any longer, dude.

What he did to Carla was what made me the angriest I've ever been with regards to this show. She's a darling, sweet woman. To take the wind out of her sails like that was just plain cruel and hateful.

I was really proud of Dale's calm reaction to Marcel's ridiculous impersonation of a street-thug, gangsta rapper, complete with the posturing hand gestures. In no way do I see Dale as being worse than Marcel. He's sticking to his plan to cook well, he's redeemed himself as far as his TC persona from his original season, and he's winning. That's the best revenge on Marcel anyway. Hopefully the preview for next week is misleading, because it does look like stress gets to Dale during Restaurant Wars. Then again, most of these people have been through RW before and they know what is coming with regards to stress. Marcel is a 30 year old juvenile, and like others I will no longer be defending him.

My favourite parts of the episode were seeing them fish (what fun! wish I had been there) and then Mike I trying to set Angelo up with some random party guest, and Angelo hiding behind the table. LOVED it. I adore Angelo, I think he's truly great and I hope he or Dale take the whole thing. Carla can be the other finalist, and all will be right with the world for me.

From early on when Marvel was confronting Dale: if Dale really did not make anything except for the judges, he didn't deserve that win. Also, I have always liked Marcel and hated Dale. Dale always comes across as a major a-hole, so I really don't understand why someone in their diary interview would say that Marcel is the a-hole.

Well, we all have different views and root for different people, so...
    If Dale really only did a handful of dishes, wouldn't you think the others would have complained about it as well?
    Tre, who witnessed Marcel going off on Dale, confessed in his interview that he has come to the conclusion that Marcel is a bit of a dick.
    If he fully agreed with Marcel, I think we would have seen it. Or someone else would have said the same thing. Instead, it was Marcel who was drunk as a skunk and chugging from the bottle, who suddenly went off. Sour grapes, IMO, and this is coming from someone who has always defended Marcel in the past, and most particularly during his season.
    Dale walked away when it counted most, so in my eyes he has definitely shown he has matured and grown. I don't think Marcel can say the same.

Loved this bit from Bourdain's blog on bravotv.com:

But… now that the Sea Sloth is gone, who… who shall take her place? Who will rise to grab the Crown of Douchedom from the vacant throne?

Marcel seems to be doing his best to live up to her standards. Apparently, all you have to do is feed Marcel a little alcohol and he starts thinking he's an OG, flashing a dizzying array of half-assed hand gestures and gettin' all gangsta and s***. And right up in your face, too! It's really an amazement that Marcel has made it this far through life without getting a proverbial pencil in his neck. On the prison tier of existence, he seems designed to be a victim. May you live long and prosper, Marcel. You make good television. Especially your menacing exhortation to your cellies that should they not live up to your high standards, they should just "Get the f--k out tha game!" I tell you, that gave me chills. Reminded me the time Suge Knight held me upside down off the hotel balcony and asked for half my publishing.
    I feel like Marcel has it out for Dale, probably out of jealousy. Dale won the restaurant challenge, when Marcel had hoped to impress Wylie Dufresne. Marcel got angry and annoying when Dale had to go before him in the US Open challenge. And Dale won the dim sum challenge. Marcel has gotten 2nd place in two different high-stakes quickfires. I think he's just angry, and Dale is the only guy there who doesn't dwarf him in stature.

Dale also worked on two different dishes for the dim sum challenge. He and Angelo shared one, and he did a second alone. Maybe one of those dishes wasn't mass-produced? I find it hard to believe that Marcel would be the only person annoyed if his allegations were true (particularly since Tre was in the bottom, and was sitting right there for the face-off... wouldn't he get mad at Dale, not Marcel?).

I, also, have always defended Marcel, and still feel he was treated horribly his season, but this episode he was just an obnoxious disaster.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 01-15-2011 at 12:47 AM.

FORT Fan

Thank god I wasn't the only one annoyed by Marcel's inner black thug coming to that lily-white surface.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4148282;
    From early on when Marvel was confronting Dale: if Dale really did not make anything except for the judges, he didn't deserve that win. Also, I have always liked Marcel and hated Dale. Dale always comes across as a major a-hole, so I really don't understand why someone in their diary interview would say that Marcel is the a-hole.
    That must be Anthony Bourdain's blog. I always roll my eyes in it, because to me, Bourdain is equal to that Toby guy who's also been a judge here. He tries way too hard to appear cool, funny and witty, and in my opinion, he fails miserably and only comes across as a poser and a jerk. Plus I still hate his guts, especially after he ripped on Puertorican cuisine in his show. I hate whenever he (and Toby) comes to the show, I'd much rather have other guest judges and Eric Ripert

Now that I notice, it took Mike a whole six episodes to spew out a gross, sexist remark that annoyed someone besides me. That must be quite a record for him to have held out for so long. Still hate his guts, though.

I was quite surprised at how much everyone enjoyed fishing. I have rarely met anyone who truly dislikes it. I know if it had been me in that challenge, it would've been compared to torture for me and my phobia of fish in general, which made this episode more difficult to watch than most. But I am definitely looking forward to next episode quite a bit. Looks like they do right in putting Fabio in front of the house again, and we'll get to see if Dale's anger management classes really paid off.

FORT Fogey

If Dale really had only made portions for the judges, the other contestants would have noticed, and been angry as well. Someone (rightfully) spoke up when Richard went over time in his plating - do you really think they'd hesitate to do it again?

I also believe that Marcel was treated horribly in his season. But now he has a chance to start over with a different level of professionalism present in the kitchen. There are several chefs who have taken that opportunity to really be better (Mike, Red-head Tiffany, Dale) but Marcel is just back to his old self, but worse. Because now he's being nasty unprovoked.

Does anyone else see a resemblance between Tre and L.L. Cool J? Or is that just me??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4151181;
    Does anyone else see a resemblance between Tre and L.L. Cool J? Or is that just me??
    Whoa. I totally see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4148895;
    That must be Anthony Bourdain's blog. I always roll my eyes in it, because to me, Bourdain is equal to that Toby guy who's also been a judge here. He tries way too hard to appear cool, funny and witty, and in my opinion, he fails miserably and only comes across as a poser and a jerk. Plus I still hate his guts, especially after he ripped on Puertorican cuisine in his show. I hate whenever he (and Toby) comes to the show, I'd much rather have other guest judges and Eric Ripert
    I agree, kind of. While I do think Bourdain has a certain charm to him, I also find that he just seems to like to push it a bit too far. Eric Ripert, on the other hand, I could use another season of.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345