+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4146810;
    I never thought Id be saying this but Im actually finding myself starting to like Angelo. I noticed many times tonight where he was supporting a fellow castmate (either verbally or body language/action) and it just struck me--Im not sure if hes changed since last season but something is definitely different.
    We are definately seeing a different group of people this season. All those who needed to mature (with the exception of Marcel) have matured. Tiffani F and Dale T. And, we are seeing different sides of the more "rough" contestants, e.g. Mike I and Angelo are coming across much more approachable this season. Who knew Mike I was playful with strong leadership skills?!?! And it's been great seeing Angelo's lighten up and laugh.

I like Angelo. I think he's like a mad scientist or something, and I think he has the best intentions in modifying others' dishes. He just can't seem to stop himself.

Unfortunately, Marcel hasn't changed. He seems lost and kind of angry in life. He needs to get the name of Dale T's anger management therapist (he/she must be very proud of Dale T right now).

Marcel is so young and clueless, and I feel sorry for him. I know...against the natural grain on that one...
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-13-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Well Marcel is no kid anymore. He better get it together or someone is going to kick the crap out of him.

I very much believe that he's trying to play the character of the evil chef once again. It gives him face time. How about the little toad just cook a few killer dishes and he'll get all of the face time he can use?
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4147666;
    Well Marcel is no kid anymore. He better get it together or someone is going to kick the crap out of him.
    True. Maybe a good whooping is what he needs.

I agree: Marcel's too old to claim being young and clueless even though he acts like a spoiled child.
    I was pretty sure that alcohol was involved during his dispute with Dale that night (on the roof?) He seemed out-of-control angry while Dale maintained his cool. Not sure I would have.

I'm now liking a lot more of the chefs than I did when they were individually on the show, including Mike, Angelo and Dale.

Of course, I'm still ga-ga over Fabio, even though he's not quite as adorable as he was on his season. I just love that guy. He seems to go out of his way to help others this season and he seems to have a better handle on his macho temper also. Even when he confronted that one French judge, he did it respectfully. Unfortunately, I don't think he's the best chef there, has more limitations than some of the others.
    But I still love him.

FORT Fogey

If Marcel continues with this attitude he will clutch and fail. I don't believe you can survive this competition with this much anger; it has to effect his cooking. Since I dont find him entertaining I really would love to see the others compete without him.

I adore Fabio, too. I think he is as adorabe as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4147668;
    True. Maybe a good whooping is what he needs.
    Too bad our society is too PC to give Marcel the whooping he deserves.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Marcel - what on earth is wrong with that boy? The whole time my husband was saying "I'd be in jail for beating his.....(insert curse word)". I think he was purposely trying to rile Dale up so another incident would happen and he'd once again be the "poor little picked on baby".

Whatever, I want him gone yesterday. I would have been happy with him going before Jamie, I want him gone that badly.

Mike I isn't as annoying as he was last time around, must be all that weight made him jolly or something (LOL). Still love Carla and really....really....really want her to win it all but I wouldn't mind Antonia sneaking in there. That had to hurt hearing she would have won if not for her teammates and really? They dinged her for not speaking up? Isn't that Angelo does and yet gets slammed all the time for it and accused of sabotage? I don't blame Antonia for keeping her mouth shut at all.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4147733;
    I agree: Marcel's too old to claim being young and clueless even though he acts like a spoiled child.
    I was pretty sure that alcohol was involved during his dispute with Dale that night (on the roof?) He seemed out-of-control angry while Dale maintained his cool. Not sure I would have.
    For about two seconds you could see that Marcel was drinking straight from a bottle of blurred bombay (gin). I agree that probably played a large role and helped everyone keep their cool since he was obviously drunk...still, he needs to grow up some and learn a little humility and respect. He is so defensive and NEEDS attention, I wonder what his background is like..something is up with this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4147920;
    For about two seconds you could see that Marcel was drinking straight from a bottle of blurred bombay (gin). I agree that probably played a large role and helped everyone keep their cool since he was obviously drunk...still, he needs to grow up some and learn a little humility and respect. He is so defensive and NEEDS attention, I wonder what his background is like..something is up with this kid.
    Marcel does "air" like a substance abuse case.

Yeah, one could tell Marcel was obviously drunk. I've always been okay with Marcel, I feel he's a dumbass, but that other people are worse than him, so I usually ended up taking his side on things. In this episode, I even took his side when he was going off on Dale while drunk. I don't care how much anger management he's taken, I still see Dale as an arrogant, self-important, trash-talking jerk who thinks he's a big [edit] man or someone straight out of the movie "The Warriors". I would not be surprised if Marcel's allegations of what he did in the elimination challenge were true, it sounds just like Dale to let the entire ship sink so long as he ends up looking good. I mean, come on, he was standing around, trash-talking everyone behind their backs about how poorly they were doing while he stood around making sure his shoes were shiny. Plus, Marcel only went off on Dale once, whereas Dale would not shut up about Marcel and had to constantly keep bringing up insults about him, so I saw Dale as the more petty.

But then Marcel did that to Carla and he lost me forever. I'm not taking his side on things anymore. Like someone said already, making Carla feel bad is just like kicking a puppy dog, because Carla is one of, if not the sweetest, kindest person ever to compete in Top Chef, everyone loves her and making her feel bad and almost cry is just despicable. I always thought the biggest a-hole moments in the history of TC were Ilan (hate!) and his cronies trying to shave Marcel's hair off, and Eli (also hate!) mocking Robin being a cancer survivor, and in the process also mocking anyone who's ever gone through cancer. But now I can add what Marcel did and have the trifecta of biggest a-hole despicable moments in TC.

And I won't agree with Angelo about his saying that "if you don't want help, don't ask for it". Far as I see, Angelo's always the one sticking his hands in other people's plates, so he should rephrase that into "if you don't want help, tell me to go away". Ever since I was little, I've had this horribly intense phobia of sharks, to the point that the fake shark in the pier on the episode freaked me and almost gave me a nervous breakdown. And to know Angelo has a the exact same phobia, now I feel filthy having something in common with Angelo.

But man, the women really are falling fast, I never expected to see Tiffani go now, I really liked her a lot this time around. Now the only likeable people left for me are the remaining women and Fabio, whom I also hated last time but has gotten a lot better.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 01-15-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Racial slur

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast