+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I never thought Id be saying this but Im actually finding myself starting to like Angelo. I noticed many times tonight where he was supporting a fellow castmate (either verbally or body language/action) and it just struck me--Im not sure if hes changed since last season but something is definitely different.

FORT Fogey

I loved this show.

Carla. I love this woman and predicted her win when the judges were eating it. They were dazzled and impressed with the pumpernickle bagle croutons. Way to go Carla. I expect to see her in the finals. She would have won her season had she not ventured out of her style with the sous vide so she seems an obvious candidate.

Tiffany. The minute they mentioned the blood line left in the fish I knew she was doomed. The editing did a lot to educate the viewers on bluefish. For me this telegraphed that someone would fail with this catch.

Tiffany D. I love her calm presence. She doesn't get ruffled and continues to be in the top. I like her.

There are several who could be the surprise in the final 3, as Tom said. Fabio would be the biggest shocker for me. Or Mike Isabella.

I am pleased with Tiffany and Jaime going.

Carla is my favorite and I adore Antonia, as well.

I was not aware that Dale only made plates for the judges in the dim sum challenge. I guess I wasnt paying close attention. Or did we hear that for the first time last night?

I was glad Jamie finally got sent home, she was not holding up well this time. And I'm OK with Tiffany going home but I thought maybe someone from the Dale/Marcell/Fabio team should have gone home instead. Marcell is such a douche, he acts so immature, can't stand him!
    I love Carla, I am so glad she's doing well.

Thrilled that Jaime finally got the boot, and I'm okay with Tiffani going home, but I'd rather it had been Marcel. What a DB. Dude hasn't grown or changed at all.

I love that my faves are still here, Carla Tiffany, Fabio and Angelo. I hope one of them can take the title.

FORT Fogey

I think we are going to be in for a great ride the rest of the series. I've been amazed how competitive this season has been. Nearly all the contestants from day 1 have won or come close to winning something. They are of comparable calliber for the most part. The judges comments seem to indicate the same. Lots of knit-picking over really little things, I think.

Geez. Are there going to be ANY women left on the show soon? They're falling like dominoes.

Then again, Jamie going home is a relief. Glad she's off my screen.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4146889;
    I was not aware that Dale only made plates for the judges in the dim sum challenge. I guess I wasnt paying close attention. Or did we hear that for the first time last night?
    That came out of drunk, bitter Marcel's mouth last night. I don't know that we can say it's true, unless somebody like Tom or Gail blogged it. But I hadn't heard anything like that before.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4147331;
    That came out of drunk, bitter Marcel's mouth last night. I don't know that we can say it's true, unless somebody like Tom or Gail blogged it. But I hadn't heard anything like that before.
    There is some truth to that or Marcel would not have been so inflamed. I got it that Dale made the least amount, thus giving him time to create the best dish. How many, who knows. It is possible that Tom did not know how many each made. Unless he hears from the other chefs or actually observes it, he has no way of knowing. The judges do not have spys in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;4146802;
    What was with Marcel tonight? I can't defend this guy anymore. He acted like such a little punk!

Kudos to both Dale and Fabio (especially Dale) for keeping their cool tonight. Blais was being pretty pushy with Fabio, who just took it - and Dale, whom I've always admired as a chef, shows what a mature, stand-up guy he's become.

How sad was it to see Carla completely deflate when she'd been so excited about her win? Rather than just shrugging Marcel's comment off, she felt terrible for celebrating. I like her more and more. And her dish looked so delicious!

After Marcel's outburst, I can't defend that guy anymore either. It doesn't bother me that he says what's on his mind but it's the way he did it. He didn't have to be all confrontational like that.

I'm changing my mind on Dale, he was able to deal with Marcel's attitude and just walked away. That's a very big thing of him to do and shows he's serious about his anger management. Good on him.

I like the little recap they do at the beginning of the show. It kinda sets the mood and is an improvement. Now if they can craft the challenges to put the focus on the individual chef instead of the team concept that would be more fair to everyone.

I didn't know if I could possibly dislike Marcel more than I did during his season, while his scene with Dale was typical Marcel, what he did to Carla was outright rude and nasty. Carla has this sweet innocence and he crushed her. It was like watching a big bully kick a poor defenseless puppy. That was evil, mean and spiteful. I only wish Bravo would have a contest where they would tie Marcel to a post and the viewers could throw rocks at his head.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast