+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: All-Stars 12/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Great Quickfire: create a stuffing, but can't use any utensils. Fabio used the top of the metal wire shelves to grate parmesan - genius.

Tre wins immunity and 20K. I forgot how much I loved him during Season 3. He's got a great laugh, too.

Happy for Tre. I always liked him. I'd like Jamie to go next.

Yeah I'm getting kind of tired of Jamie's neuroses and self-doubt.

How cool is this: they are all cooking dishes on Center Court at Arthur Ashe Stadium during the US Open.

It's kind of like the Top Chef Bowl in season 5 -- head-to-head competitions for points, scored tennis style.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 12-22-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jaime's going to skate by again. Spike should go home for his bright idea of letting the weakest slide by. She hid behind a table hoping not to be called. Carla hacked off her nail tonight and still cooked a dish that scored a point. No way they should have sent Tre up. he already had immunity. Self preservation says send up someone who will go home as long as it's not you.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-22-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I really like Jaime. I think last show she got dogged quite a bit and only a injured person can judge their injury.

That said, very disappointed in her this show. She is out of her depth and it is really showing. She may skate by for a few eps but she won't be around for long.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

She needs to cook, plain and simple. Can't stand seeing someone progress in an all star season and have nothing to serve in two challenges so far. That's the problem I had with this challenge. There should be no skating by in this season. I'm no Spike fan, but he put his food out there which is more than some have done.

I think what turned me just now was her attitude toward the entire thing. I know she really had nothing to say when Blaise called her out, but anyone could see she had no confidence at all in her dish. She's got to step it up or she's not going to have an ounce of respect as a chef when this thing is over.

ETA-I liked Jaime in her season as well, but she's not THAT Jaime right now. Hope she pulls it together, but right now I'm not a fan.

Glad Carla won the trip. Love me some Carla. Hootie Hoo!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

YAY for Carla's win! Ironic that she forged ahead and won with a sliced finger, eh Jamie?

I agree with y'all - Jamie just plain chickened out and hid in the corner this week. That's so not what this season (or this show) is about. Richard may have been a little obnoxious with his comment to her, but he basically nailed it. It let us know that she can't hide behind the "bad edit" excuse when she talks about it now -- they were picking up on it as it was happening.

Not too sad to see Spike go, but he did get screwed, first by Jamie and then by Angelo.

I would love to see Jamie, Fabio and Angelo go next. I'm kind of over all of them.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I love this show.

Tonight's episode is a chapter turner for me. I'm no chef, but the comments by judges in both the quickfire and elmination rounds seemed to indicate that they are almost at the splitting hairs point of the show. Normally this happens much later in the season.

Casey, Jamie, and Tiffany D need to go next as they just don't seem to be into the process. At that point, it will be a really great competition.

FYI... I'm really glad to see Antonia and Carla proving that they deserve to be in this competition. Love them.

P.S. I adore Mike Isabella. Always have ... he comes off a bit gruff, but he's a guy I'd like to hang out with.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Since it was Spike's plan to put wussy first instead of just doing the comp, not sad to see him go.

Really don't like immunity in this show. Cook your dish and stand by it. Makes redhead Tiffany even more impressive that she won the challenge when she had immunity. Also think that everyone should have to present a dish. Jamie, as much as I like her, shouldn't have skated by this challenge. She probably should have been disqualified when she cut herself since she wasn't able to present a dish.

And Angelo, he had a hand in two of the losing dishes. I don't want to believe he is actively sabotaging people, but getting hard to give him the benefit of a doubt. That said, his meddling in the museum dish resulted in a winning dish. So still a bit on the fence I guess.

Still love me some Carla, I hope she wins this whole thing. Her or Season 1 Tiffany. Last season's Tiffany was losing her luster as soon as her boy toy last season got booted. She has a bit of meanness in a subtle way.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast