+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This challenge would have gone better if it were a double elimination. Honestly, yes, Tiffany and Antonia had a bad dish, but which one could you single out for elimination? They both had a dish that tasted good for the ones that were cooked properly, and both were unable to adjust to the oven problem, so which one chef do you send home? Then we have Tre, who over reduced his sauce, causing it to be salty and we had Jen's "wet bacon". Well Tre's sauce was salty but the protein his teammate cooked was fine, which gave the dish some redeeming quality. So we have two chefs that had a good dish if they knew how to deal with the oven, and we had Tre who knew what he did wrong with the sauce. That leaves us with Jen, sans teammate,who insists that her dish was fine. She was 100% responsibile for the dish and could not admit it had any flaws, even though Casey called it "wet bacon". In a case like that the edge is going to the chefs that know how to fix a dish rather than the chef that insists it had no flaws. Sad, but Jen's attitude/ego did her in this time, as did Elia's last episode.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4124688;
    This challenge would have gone better if it were a double elimination. Honestly, yes, Tiffany and Antonia had a bad dish, but which one could you single out for elimination? They both had a dish that tasted good for the ones that were cooked properly, and both were unable to adjust to the oven problem, so which one chef do you send home? Then we have Tre, who over reduced his sauce, causing it to be salty and we had Jen's "wet bacon". Well Tre's sauce was salty but the protein his teammate cooked was fine, which gave the dish some redeeming quality. So we have two chefs that had a good dish if they knew how to deal with the oven, and we had Tre who knew what he did wrong with the sauce. That leaves us with Jen, sans teammate,who insists that her dish was fine. She was 100% responsibile for the dish and could not admit it had any flaws, even though Casey called it "wet bacon". In a case like that the edge is going to the chefs that know how to fix a dish rather than the chef that insists it had no flaws. Sad, but Jen's attitude/ego did her in this time, as did Elia's last episode.
    The judges could have dug a little deeper as to who had taken the undercooked frittatas out of the oven and decided to serve them because whomever took them out is the one responsible for serving raw egg. Raw food was Elia's undoing and could have been someone else's undoing this episode.

I distinctly remember one season (maybe last season?) where Tom was perturbed that someone was blaming the equipment and gave that chef a proper chastising.

Tre knew what he did wrong with the sauce yet did nothing to correct it and served it anyway knowing full well it was bad and that is the problem I have with that. There have been past episodes where chefs have been eliminated for components of a dish and not the dish as a whole.

Jamie was fair game for elimination as far as I'm concerned. Overall it seemed she did less than everyone else and when she returned from getting stitches why didn't she taste the dish and try to correct it if it was so bad? After all she is Jen's teammate and also responsible for the dish. Could she not recognize "wet bacon"?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Watching this episode made me cranky. The quickfire really wasn't very quick and it seemed there was fault to be found with most of the elimination dishes. I found Jenn's attitude - she doesn't like cooking for children - to be not in keeping with the spirit of the challenge.

And, good Lord, I really wish they would hide that nitrogen tank. The love affair the tank and with salt really baffles me.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I'm over the nitrogen tank as well. Every epi there is now a huge cloud. lol It was fun and inventive in the beginning but it's old and played out now.

WIth the likes of Blaise and Marcel on board this season, we can expect to see that tank rolled out more than ever before.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

According to Tom's blog on bravotv.com, Elia was sent home for making her dish worse than she made it originally, which none of the other chefs did (even Stephen) - not because the fish was raw. And according to Tom's blog, Jen was not sent home for her attitude, but because her dish tasted the worst. I will say I sometimes undercook my eggs, but I'd rather eat my own undercooked eggs than Jen's dish based on how it looked and Casey's description. It's hard to trust his words 100%, but unfortunately it's all I have to go on. And I'd much sooner believe that the judges sent Jen home for her food than for her attitude. Lisa from TC Chicago not only ended up in the bottom half the time but had a terrible attitude at judges table, and she made it all the way to the finale. If anything I feel like they keep people who mouth off around longer.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

As much as I liked Jen in her season, I totally thought she should have been sent home based on her dish. And I do think they sent her home because of her dish and not her attitude. I'm not quite sure what crawled up her butt, but it must have been pretty bad seeing her attitude. No one seemed to like her dish but her. I wish for her that she would have tamed in her attitude a bit because she only made herself look bad.

On another note, I loved seeing Katie again. She is even more cute than I remembered. I like Padma fine and think she does a good job, but I loved Katie. Why did she leave after the first season, or did they not want her back?

I too enjoyed Katie being on the show. I wish they would bring her back as host. I'm kind of over Padma. She lacks personality.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4125810;
    I too enjoyed Katie being on the show. I wish they would bring her back as host. I'm kind of over Padma. She lacks personality.
    Yep. I'm a bit over Padma too. Although, I'm not sure bringing Katie back is the right thing. She hasn't changed a bit. While cute as a button, she is lifeless.

Gail has all this covered well. She's in and out of the shows just the right amount to where it's harder to tired of her, I think.

I was surprised how little excitement Katie's return seemed to generate among the other judges. I didn't expect Padma to have a reaction since they never worked together, but her whole introduction seemed kind of subdued. Interesting...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast