+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-Stars 12/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All-Stars 12/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thank goodness I logged on to FORT - I missed the premier, and without your posts who knows when I would have remembered it was starting soon? Thank you! Ack, as it is I have to wait until Friday morning for the first chance to record it.

FORT Fanatic

While I was never a big Stephen fan ( except when getting a good laugh at his pompous, haughty attitude), I remember him having some positive cooking outcomes during his season. Someone mentioned the disparate numbers on diff teams during the quickfire challenge----In that vein...I can't believe nobody talked about how Stephen had to make and plate THREE diff dishes. And not dishes he had made and screwed up...dishes that were made while he was at the front of the house during Rest Wars. Yes, I know that i t was 3apps not entrees but still...VERY unfair, imo. I was sure the judges were going to scapegoat him in order to keep Fabio and Elia but if they had...regardless of Stephen's lack of popularity ( and the fact that his dishes were just not very good)...given the critiques of Fab's food and Elia's raw fish...it would've been an obvious lapse of integrity.

I was an Angelo fan and still am..Would also love to see Carla, Marcel (yes, I like him as well...so sue me lol), and either Tiffany go far too. I want Tre to stick around for a while to see why everyone is making such a big deal about his cooking.

Hoping for an early dismissal of Jen (PLEASE!), both Dales, Mike, and Casey. The rest can float somewhere in the middle, til eliminated.

Also, wouldn't mind Bourdain's judging tempered now and then by an appearance of Eric Ripert.

Oh yeah--BEST TC LINE EVER--to Stephen--"You're a tool and a douchebag" lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Elia committed the two most egregious felonies a chef can make. 1. Not tasting her food. 2. Serving raw product. Regardless of how the others did, her crimes were by far the most worthy of elimination. Too bad, because she looked gooo - ooood! Loved the black dress and green shoes.

Stephen got a raw deal in the elimination challenge to have to recreate dishes he didn't have much to do with in the first place and somehow make them better. For that reason alone, if I was a judge, I'd give him a pass.

Fabio did stand up to Bourdain but showed his thin skin. Take your lumps. Plus it might not be wise to get into an altercation with someone who is going to be judging you in the future.

I like Marcel because he's scrappy. He gets picked on but he doesn't let his catigators off without pointing out their hypocrisy. Good on him.

I don't understand the Dale haters because I don't remember him doing anything dastardly to deserve any negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4119170;
    I like Marcel because he's scrappy. He gets picked on but he doesn't let his catigators off without pointing out their hypocrisy. Good on him.
    Same reason I like him too.

I can see people not liking Marcel or Angelo for being arrogant. Usually arrogant people rub me the wrong way but these two have the chops to be arrogant about IMO.

Good first episode. Right person went home; you don't serve raw fish at home, let alone in a professional setting. Happy Angelo won; still one of my favorites to take it all.

Looking for Angelo, Tre, Fabio, Casey and Richard to go far.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;4119122;
    Also, wouldn't mind Bourdain's judging tempered now and then by an appearance of Eric Ripert.
    Ripert has removed himself from judging this season because he is a mentor and boss to Jen as he explains on his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4119170;
    I don't understand the Dale haters because I don't remember him doing anything dastardly to deserve any negativity.
    I for one didn't like Dale for the pidgin he used on Hung and how he kept whining about the competition. He said some pretty amusing stuff like comparing his steak to Fred Flintstone but his entitlement was offputting.

I'm confused: which Dale are people hating? Season 3 Dale seemed less talented to me, but also like a pretty nice guy. Season 4 Dale had a pretty explosive temper, but I always liked him just because he cracked me up and seemed like a talented chef (plus I was amused when he threw a tantrum with Michael Chiarello on TC Masters).

Who would have thought that there would be two Dales? Not such a common name.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;4119234;
    Same reason I like him too.

I can see people not liking Marcel or Angelo for being arrogant. Usually arrogant people rub me the wrong way but these two have the chops to be arrogant about IMO.
    See I like Angelo and can't stand Marcel. Marcel attacks, I think unwarrantedly. He does not address the issue of why a person attacks him about but personally attacks that person and their food. That is why I can't stand him. His comments to Fabio during the reunion show where a prime example. Yes, Marcel was involved in a major tussle that resulted in a contestant going home. So why not talk about it. Explain your side. Alot of what happened is because Marcel has a nasty attitude and can't get along with people but people find a way to get back at him. Too bad his head didn't get shaved. Marcel needs a personality tranplant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Now I remember why I despise certain of these people. And I still hate the same ones. Angelo is still slime, and yet bound to win over and over again. Fabio still won't shut up. Wolverine Jr. still needs a Chef's Knife shoved up his butt. Richard is still a snooty you-know-what. Dale still just irks me. Jen is still a stuck up bitch (although of the people I've hated on this show I sometimes have a soft spot for her, because she's at least hard on herself, vs. the other egotists who never think they did anything wrong).

But when did Elia turn into a cretin? I remember liking her the first time. Even when she was part of HeadShaveGate. And Tiffany with a Y seems worse too. But I guess we don't have to worry about Elia anymore.

The only one I've really mellowed on is Michael, and I remember that happening near the end of his season anyway.

I guess I'm rooting for Casey--who doesn't stand a chance no matter what (she's really not that good). But I remember liking her, and still do. Or maybe Antonia or I can't believe I'm saying this... Spike. Who I neither liked nor hated, but who always struck me as a lightweight. But I see him as an underdog, I guess.

Angelo will probably win this whole thing, but I suppose I can HOPE that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-04-2010 at 02:25 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4119723;
    Now I remember why I despise certain of these people. And I still hate the same ones. Angelo is still slime, and yet bound to win over and over again. Fabio still won't shut up. Wolverine Jr. still needs a Chef's Knife shoved up his butt. Richard is still a snooty you-know-what. Dale still just irks me. Jen is still a stuck up bitch (although of the people I've hated on this show I sometimes have a soft spot for her, because she's at least hard on herself, vs. the other egotists who never think they did anything wrong).

But when did Elia turn into a cretin? I remember liking her the first time. Even when she was part of HeadShaveGate. And Tiffany with a Y seems worse too. But I guess we don't have to worry about Elia anymore.

The only one I've really mellowed on is Michael, and I remember that happening near the end of his season anyway.

I guess I'm rooting for Casey--who doesn't stand a chance no matter what (she's really not that good). But I remember liking her, and still do. Or maybe Antonia or I can't believe I'm saying this... Spike. Who I neither liked nor hated, but who always struck me as a lightweight. But I see him as an underdog, I guess.

Angelo will probably win this whole thing, but I suppose I can HOPE that doesn't happen.

Angelo is slime? Why?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast