+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Blais - All-Stars

Richard Blais - All-Stars

Richard Blais, Season 4
    Contestant
    Hometown: Uniondale, NY
    Resides: Atlanta, GA
    Richard, a finalist on Top Chef: Chicago, is known for his innovative and personal take on classical cuisine and has studied under luminaries such as Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud and Ferran Adria. In 2004, Richard founded his creative culinary company, Trail Blais, which has consulted on, designed and operated three and four star restaurants in Atlanta. Currently, Richard owns and operates Flip Burger Boutique, a four-star eatery redefining the iconic America burger experience, with multiple locations in Atlanta, Birmingham, and soon, Washington, DC. Richard believes cooking is an art and food is meant to stimulate on many levels. He incorporates global ingredients, modern cooking methods, wit and a sense of humor to all of his food. A native New Yorker, he currently resides in Atlanta with his wife Jazmin and daughter, Riley.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.

Re: Richard - All-Stars

I wonder what kind of devices he will bring along this time? Very sciency cooking.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular

I've always been of the opinion that he's the best chef they've ever had on the show, at least if we are to believe the comments that are shown.

Esp since chef is usually referring to the head or chief cook of somewhere. Some people may make great food, but they wouldn't be so great in a leadership role..

Did you guys know he has a show? It's called Blais Off and it comes on the Science Channel. I didn't know till I was looking through the guide and trying to find something to watch and saw that name pop up. Looks sort of interesting, I just went to their official website and the series premieres tonight at 10pm EST.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Wow, good catch! Thanks, I just programmed my grid for 10PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Somebody either saw this post or saw the same information online because now there is a thread, I will be watching the recorded version this weekend if anybody wants to go that thread and discuss it!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Just found it now, thanks to you guys! I didn't even know I had that channel!

I honestly have never understood why Richard is so well liked. To me, he comes across as an exceedingly arrogant, self-entitled jerk with huge ears and a dumb fauxhawk, who can't get it through his stubbornly thick skull that Lisa of all people beat him, which was honestly a highlight for me after putting up with him. And I'm disliking him just as much this time around, too. Plus every time I see him I can't help but think this:

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4129165;
    I honestly have never understood why Richard is so well liked. To me, he comes across as an exceedingly arrogant, self-entitled jerk with huge ears and a dumb fauxhawk, who can't get it through his stubbornly thick skull that Lisa of all people beat him, which was honestly a highlight for me after putting up with him. And I'm disliking him just as much this time around, too. Plus every time I see him I can't help but think this:
    Don't care about his hair or ears, but as for being arrogant and self-entitled, I never picked that up myself. He does seem extremely confident.

AFAIK, he says he lost because he 'overthought' the dishes - not that he believes he should have won. But I'm open to watching some footage that you think shows any of that..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis;4130637;
    AFAIK, he says he lost because he 'overthought' the dishes - not that he believes he should have won. But I'm open to watching some footage that you think shows any of that..
    Well, to me it's mainly the way he carries himself, how he expresses himself. He just arrogant, self-entitled, overly confident vibe that I dislike, and he just can be a jerk. For example, the very first thing he said when entering this season was that most people remember season 4 because of him losing. That sounds seriously egotestical to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast