+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spike - All-Stars

Spike - All-Stars

Spike Mendelsohn, Season 4
    Contestant
    Hometown: Clearwater Beach, FL
    Resides: Washington, D.C.
    Spike is the chef and owner of the popular Capitol Hill award-winning burger joint, Good Stuff Eatery, which opened in 2008 and has been frequented by the First Family on several occasions. In the summer of 2010 he opened his second restaurant We, The Pizza right next door. He recently published his first cookbook, The Good Stuff Cookbook and is working on his second book. Before moving to Washington, D.C., Spike worked as the chef de cuisine at NYC hotspot restaurant, Mai House, which was named as one of The New York Times’ top ten best restaurants during his tenure. Growing up in St. Petersburg, FL, where his parents owned and operated a restaurant, Spike knew he wanted a career in the culinary world at an early age. He attended the Culinary Institute of America where he received the school’s highest award, The Francis Roth Leadership Award, upon graduation. He went on to train in classic French cuisine in restaurants around the world including Gerard Boyer at Les Crayeres, Thomas Keller at Bouchon, and The Maccioni Family at Le Cirque.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Spike - All-Stars

I sort of liked him this time around. With the way he was being edited, I predicted him to go far... so much for that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I like Spike - both times around. What sets him apart is that he has an innate way with the camera. He's having fun with all this...more power to him! He is, as he's called himself, a kitchen rat, though!

Funny, I would think Anthony Bourdain would probably have also referred to himself as a "kitchen rat" for most of his career, at least the early part of it! I wonder if he felt some affinity for Spike?

+ Reply to Thread