+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/17 Season Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 11/17 Season Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

I would have liked to see Morgan win, he had the most wins in challenges and I believe he's the best chef of the show. Zac and Yigit were my picks to win the show early on so I'm not disappointed to have Yigit win. He did a great job.

It seems there weren't enough episodes for this show and I'd like to see more next season. It just seemed kinda short.

Danielle's is the Queen of funny faces. her!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4109195;
    Yigit deserved it the most as it looked like he had the most clear intentions and execution. He was the most advanced and that is the biggest advantage IMO... there are only so many ways to stand out, so knowledge of different paths to do so is crucial. He also had the story to back it up and this is TV after all!But am I the only one who wanted Danielle to win?

All throughout the season I've never really liked her, as she's been a notorious bottom player (the kind where you think "Why won't you die!?"), but the last couple challenges I've started to like her a lot. She is the most relatable of any of the contestants. Morgan is the kind of person nobody really wants to admit to being like, even if they are two faced or talk/think lots of ****, nobody wants to relate to that character, and Yigit, with his complex, over ambitious mind and almost rollercoaster nerves, those are a combo I don't think would work either. Daniel is neither of them and without pretense IMO. How often has she not gone off the deep end in criticizing others or falling apart? I know I would if I was in her shoes with so many failures. She had a pretty good attitude during the whole thing and tried to have fun with it, but not in a Yigit kinda forced way. Minor annoyance though when they showed her in confessionals... her foundation is a bit off. At least it isn't that embarrassing though considering how widespread it really is.
    I am very happy he won, and I think his concept was the best, too. My favorite of the series, though, was Erica.

If personality struggles are going to dominate this series as they did in this first season, I will not be watching much more of it. I had really looked forward to this show, and I feel let down by it. Where is their professionalism?

In a restaurant when you order a wonderful dessert, do really care if the person who made it is a saint or a whacko? I don't. I think the Bravo brand is more about drama now than reality.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4108714;
    I'm relieved this series is over. The nasty attitude among the group made it very unpleasant to watch, but I wanted to see who won. By the end, I didn't care EXCEPT I would have been disappointed if Morgan had won. His attitude is just too awful to 'stomach' (pardon the pun). I'm sure he will do well in his career - he is obviously an excellent pastry chef. I wonder if most restaurants have only one pastry chef? Maybe he is not used to dealing with others in his job.

They all need to take a human relations course!
    The famous lady who was his sous chef in the first half of the final challenge commented at the finale that he had a typical attitude of a male pastry chef.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I hate to admit Danielle grew on me.. she had some wonderful ides and managed to excell in things that few people did.. making her own ginger ale, root beer, etc..

I am glad she made it to the final, and more glad about the winner.. but admit, I missed Zac.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Danielle grew on me more and more too, especially since she was one of the few actually sane people there, plus she could be hilarious with those facial expressions. I also loved how she always tried to do everything fresh and homemade, like the ginger ale and root beer, and also how playful her food could be, like the penny candy dessert she made about 'worms in dirt'.

It's a bummer she didn't win, especially when her dishes in the final episode were quite well liked, but at least Morgan didn't win, so I'm cool with that. The finale was pretty darn good, most of the desserts looked amazing, my personal favorites being Yigit's strawberry dessert and Danielle's ice cream samplers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4110448;
    Danielle grew on me more and more too, especially since she was one of the few actually sane people there, plus she could be hilarious with those facial expressions. I also loved how she always tried to do everything fresh and homemade, like the ginger ale and root beer, and also how playful her food could be, like the penny candy dessert she made about 'worms in dirt'.

It's a bummer she didn't win, especially when her dishes in the final episode were quite well liked, but at least Morgan didn't win, so I'm cool with that. The finale was pretty darn good, most of the desserts looked amazing, my personal favorites being Yigit's strawberry dessert and Danielle's ice cream samplers.

I know Danielle has her own fledgling business. I wonder if she doesn't emphasize that playfulness in advertising her desserts. If she doesn't, she should, as it would be a nice little niche for her--grown up, more sophisticated versions of childhood favorites. Comfort food is big. There's no reason there couldn't be the equivalent with comfort desserts that remind people of what they enjoyed as kids.

I don't care for this show, Top Chef is much better.

FORT Fan

I really didn't like any of them ....thought Morgan should have won as he really seems the best, most expert, most talented.

I don't like his personality but I can't stand Heather...I felt bad for him when he "drew" Heather, she was not happy to be his helper at all

I don't like the "fan favorite" idea since they allow the "big winner" to win it...would have been nice to see Danielle win that JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;4111660;
    I really didn't like any of them ....thought Morgan should have won as he really seems the best, most expert, most talented.

I don't like his personality but I can't stand Heather...I felt bad for him when he "drew" Heather, she was not happy to be his helper at all

I don't like the "fan favorite" idea since they allow the "big winner" to win it...would have been nice to see Danielle win that JMO
    Problem is, they close the vote for "fan favorite" prior to anyone knowing who's won. I suspect if they didn't, more people might vote for someone else, just out of a sense of fairness and especially if they were torn between two choices in the first place.

This was a good idea in theory, but nothing the chefs came up with was all that grand or innovative. With shows like Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss, i think audiences are use to seeing great works of art as far as desserts go and nothing the chefs came up with on Just desserts could compare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast