+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I believe you guys, lol. I could not stand the man and more than likely tuned out much of what he said because I was too busy rolling my eyes and calling him names in my head to pay attention.

I can't believe they (the producers) actually left it in.

I found calling a gay man "little girl" insulting enough! I can't imagine how much worse the fairy part was, the reason I can't believe they left it in is that if he had been saying something just as insulting and derogatory against say....Yegit....due to his ethnicity/religion...you can bet they would have taken it out and a stink raised. But I guess bashing a gay guy is ok in the network/editors eyes?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Re: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4126025;
    I believe you guys, lol. I could not stand the man and more than likely tuned out much of what he said because I was too busy rolling my eyes and calling him names in my head to pay attention.

I can't believe they (the producers) actually left it in.

I found calling a gay man "little girl" insulting enough! I can't imagine how much worse the fairy part was, the reason I can't believe they left it in is that if he had been saying something just as insulting and derogatory against say....Yegit....due to his ethnicity/religion...you can bet they would have taken it out and a stink raised. But I guess bashing a gay guy is ok in the network/editors eyes?
    You're right about that. Apparently they have no problem leaving in derogatory remarks about gays and women, but there's no way they wouldn't have edited out remarks about someone's ethnicity/race/religion. In fact, I suspect if a contestant had made remarks like that, he/she would have been booted from the show. Or, at the very least, he/she would have been told such remarks would not be tolerated, much less televised. Perhaps they left them in in this case because they had cast Morgan as the villain--an idea he helped along every time he opened his mouth and said things that could offend women or gays--and wanted to cap off that image in the finale. That's not to say that I think he got a bad edit. If he hadn't said those things in the first place, it wouldn't have been possible to give him an edit that bad. There were just so many other ways he could have expressed his displeasure that didn't involve loaded language. As I said, if he'd just said Zac was annoying, I don't think anyone would have objected to that, because it's quite possible that living with someone who was as constantly energized as Zac appeared to be could very well be annoying at times. Morgan just needs to think before he opens his mouth.

One of the interesting things to me about Top Chef All-Stars is that clearly some chefs have decided they didn't like how they looked or sounded on their seasons and are very clearly attempting to remedy that the second time around. I think that's commendable. It's like they're saying they've made mistakes and they may make them again, but they're hoping that they at least won't be the same mistakes. Unfortunately there are still some chefs who come off exactly as irritating (at least to me) as they ever did and a couple who seem more irritating, but I'm trying to make myself believe that it's just the tension involved in competing again and this time without benefit of having some chefs in the mix who pretty clearly don't belong there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567