+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4105418;
    Morgan's comments about showtunes and "little girls" were out of line because he meant them to be negative, because he finds those kinds of behavior to be negative. He is uncomfortable with men who don't think and act like him, and he chooses to insult and belittle others for being different rather than trying to be civil, or (heaven forbid) actually try to get to know people and learn something from them. He thinks himself superior as a man because of what he is (straight), which is wrong-headed. What he has achieved, and what he has in his life should make him content enough that he doesn't need to disparage others. In his quest to be overtly competitive, he makes it too personal,and in his own way it makes him "bitchy" and "petty", two traits that, ironically, he would assign to Zac.
    Whoa! Angry with Morgan much??

Morgan's words were mean and nasty.
    Zac's words were mean and nasty.

They were both "bitchy and petty."

Does it really matter what was said? Neither is better or worse than the other.
    Morgan assulted Zac's sexuality.
    Zac assulted Morgan's emotionality.
    Shame on both of them.
    I think we're all in agreement that both contenders were out of line.

Hopefully, the winner will be the one with the most talent and ability.

I'm not "angry" at anybody. I just believe it's wrong to dismiss Morgan's comments as tit-for-tat playground bitchiness. He's a little too proud and confident in his righteousness over those "showtune-singing little girls." I find the subtle aggressiveness of his contempt for gay chefs in general to be a matter of concern. Just my opinion, and I'm not looking for this discussion to overtake the thread.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4105717;
    I'm not "angry" at anybody. I just believe it's wrong to dismiss Morgan's comments as tit-for-tat playground bitchiness. He's a little too proud and confident in his righteousness over those "showtune-singing little girls." I find the subtle aggressiveness of his contempt for gay chefs in general to be a matter of concern. Just my opinion, and I'm not looking for this discussion to overtake the thread.
    I agree.

I find the subtle aggressiveness of his contempt for gay chefs in general to be a matter of concern. Just my opinion, and I'm not looking for this discussion to overtake the thread.
    We must be watching a different show, because I did not pick up any "contempt for gay chefs," or in fact any of the things that people have been contemptuously bashing Morgan for here. I think Yigit is a despicable person, as was old Heather, and Zac's greatest flaw is that he chose those two to hang around with - they have been an insufferably snotty, obnoxious clique. Otherwise I would have liked Zac. Morgan mistakenly thought the black-haired girl was part of that clique, and lashed out because he was tired of being ostracized and hated on. Nothing to do with bigotry.

Morgan's desserts have looked better than all the others pretty much throughout the season, and I hope he wins based on his superior skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4106013;
    We must be watching a different show, because I did not pick up any "contempt for gay chefs," or in fact any of the things that people have been contemptuously bashing Morgan for here. I think Yigit is a despicable person, as was old Heather, and Zac's greatest flaw is that he chose those two to hang around with - they have been an insufferably snotty, obnoxious clique. Otherwise I would have liked Zac. Morgan mistakenly thought the black-haired girl was part of that clique, and lashed out because he was tired of being ostracized and hated on. Nothing to do with bigotry.
    Well, Zac has been a catty jerk since day one, Heather H. started off as a nice person but became a bitter witch the more time went on, and at least to me, Yigit was an okay guy till he started hanging with those two, then he became a jerk too, but it seems to have been toned down since Heather left.

And Morgan, well, he has been a jerk since day one too. He's smug, pretentious and has this superiority complex that he's shown from the get-go mainly by talking smack about everyone else and dissing people left and right. Fine, he's good (even if some of his wins were baffling to me), but he's just so full of himself that I cannot find myself rooting for him even if he is good. They say "pride goeth before fall", and I hope it hits his smug self hard.

That and I'm seriously ticked off by his bad habit of taking everything and making a huge stage show about it whenever he thinks someone is "hoarding" things, like Heather C. with the peanut butter and Zac with the piping bags. Heather just took the peanut butter she needed and then gave the rest to Eric. And what the hell was stopping Morgan from just going to Zac's table and grabbing a piping bag for himself rather than having some kindergarten temper tantrum? Yeesh.

I find the subtle aggressiveness of his contempt for gay chefs in general to be a matter of concern.
    I don't see it. Morgan never had a bad remark for Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4106073;
    And what the hell was stopping Morgan from just going to Zac's table and grabbing a piping bag for himself rather than having some kindergarten temper tantrum? Yeesh.
    Well nothing was stopping him ... if he had known where they were. The way it was shown was that Morgan asked if anyone had seen the piping bags and no one responded despite Zac knowing full well they were under his table.

FORT Fogey

I don't pick up on any contempt by Morgan for gays (chefs or otherwise). I do, however, pick up on a bit of sexism. Calling someone a little girl in a deragatory way says is enough for me. Big or little, he stereotyped girls - and not in a good way.

But, I suspect Morgan is clueless about how some of the things he says/does can be offensive.

I still say Team Diva has a much longer path to redemption. They were all a bunch of yuck with that whole thing.

Danielle is really the only one of the F6 who was generally well-behaved.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-16-2010 at 01:49 AM.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that we were presented with some not so nice people during this competition. Out of the last remaining, it seems like Danielle and Eric were the only decent people with manners and no agendas....the rest?? not so much, for various reasons.

I still enjoy watching but I do find myself cringing at times at the insensitivity of most of the contestants. I would have thought that given the fact that ALL of America was watching, they'd at least "pretend" to be nice. Or, for all I know, maybe it's a badge of honor to be a prickly "artiste." I know very little about the culinary world but I can identify unkindness. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4105418;
    Morgan's comments about showtunes and "little girls" were out of line because he meant them to be negative, because he finds those kinds of behavior to be negative. He is uncomfortable with men who don't think and act like him, and he chooses to insult and belittle others for being different rather than trying to be civil, or (heaven forbid) actually try to get to know people and learn something from them. He thinks himself superior as a man because of what he is (straight), which is wrong-headed. What he has achieved, and what he has in his life should make him content enough that he doesn't need to disparage others. In his quest to be overtly competitive, he makes it too personal,and in his own way it makes him "bitchy" and "petty", two traits that, ironically, he would assign to Zac.
    Well I completely agree with this. Morgan from the beginning made sexist remarks toward the female chefs and I fully feel that his comments toward Zac were meant to belittle. The comments about Zac acting like a "little girl" I find offensive on multiple levels. By essentially calling Zac a "female" and a "child" Morgan is trying to elevate himself because he feels that he is superior being both "adult" and "male". He may be a good chef, but he sure strikes me as a lousy person.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think Morgan is just an overall jerk. I don't how the rest of them can stand being around him.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast