+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 11/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4102752;
    Personally, I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out what Morgan was trying to say when he spoke of being the last one out of the apartment and having to shut the door.

Did anyone else think Yigit looked just like his boyfriend??
    I had trouble telling one from the other.
    I took Morgan's insistence that he be the last one out of the apartment and THE one to shut the door as his own superstition. A lot of people have them, athletes wear certain socks on game day ... stuff like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4103495;
    I took Morgan's insistence that he be the last one out of the apartment and THE one to shut the door as his own superstition. A lot of people have them, athletes wear certain socks on game day ... stuff like that.
    That's how I took it too.

Morgan is stupid and offensive when he makes "little girl" references - which are nothing less than sexist, but I'm almost more offended by the popular-kids-club that Zach, Yigit, and Heather C. formed.

As odd as she is, Danielle has been the most mature of the bunch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4103589;
    That's how I took it too.

Morgan is stupid and offensive when he makes "little girl" references - which are nothing less than sexist, but I'm almost more offended by the popular-kids-club that Zach, Yigit, and Heather C. formed.

As odd as she is, Danielle has been the most mature of the bunch.
    I didn't think Zach should have said anything about Morgan's lack of obvious enthusiasm when trying to make a case for why he should stay, but I was more offended, at least last night, by not only Morgan's reference to behaving like a little girl but also by his crack about singing show tunes. He was pretty obviously being sexist and homophobic, and it was also obvious that both Zach and Yigit took his comments that way. I think Morgan's desserts look good, but if I knew he was the chef in a restaurant, I wouldn't eat there, just because his attitude is so lousy that I wouldn't want to accidentally support it. I realize I may very well be eating the food of chefs I would find equally offensive without knowing it, but if I know a business is being run by someone whose behavior I find offensive, I try not to support that business. I'd rather put my money in the pocket of someone who seems like a decent person.

Besides, I like singing show tunes--and while I'm not gay, I was, once upon a time, a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4103495;
    Ok, that makes sense. I just didn't understand and was probably looking for some angry hidden meaning in it. Morgan's rather cranky, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4103595;
    I didn't think Zach should have said anything about Morgan's lack of obvious enthusiasm when trying to make a case for why he should stay, but I was more offended, at least last night, by not only Morgan's reference to behaving like a little girl but also by his crack about singing show tunes. He was pretty obviously being sexist and homophobic, and it was also obvious that both Zach and Yigit took his comments that way. I think Morgan's desserts look good, but if I knew he was the chef in a restaurant, I wouldn't eat there, just because his attitude is so lousy that I wouldn't want to accidentally support it. I realize I may very well be eating the food of chefs I would find equally offensive without knowing it, but if I know a business is being run by someone whose behavior I find offensive, I try not to support that business. I'd rather put my money in the pocket of someone who seems like a decent person.

Besides, I like singing show tunes--and while I'm not gay, I was, once upon a time, a little girl.
    I agree that Zac was out of line, commenting on Morgan's repsonse to winning. It's a contest about talent and ability, not emotional reactions.
    But Morgan throwing in the comment about "showtunes" was uncalled for also. I really wasn't bothered that much when he said Zac acted like a little girl. It was definitely unkind and mean but Zac often acted like a little girl.
    But the Showtune comment was just low down and dirty and adding that to the little girl reference made it into something bigoted and just plain mean.
    Morgan is very talented and probably the best one there but he could win the whole thing by that alone and didn't need to reduce himself to being so mean.

Hubby has always said Danielle is Olive Oyl but I think she's more like Morticia Adams. The girl needs a new hairdo that compliments her face, this just makes her face even longer and thinner.

FORT Fogey

Danielle would benefit from standing in front of a mirror and talking to herself so she can correct some of those cartoon faces. Watching herself on this show and reading the comments may be enough. I think it is born from a lack of confidence and self worth. Her facial gyrations appear to be a way to accent her words because she isn't comfortable in just giving a genuine repsonse. It is a self concious behavior.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4103653;
    Hubby has always said Danielle is Olive Oyl but I think she's more like Morticia Adams. The girl needs a new hairdo that compliments her face, this just makes her face even longer and thinner.
    I will agree more with Olive Oyl.. Mortica was sexy and Danielle is not. lol.

I did notice that in her promo pics for her bakery she looked rather cute with her hair done and was giving a full on smile.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular

When I see Morgan descend into being arrogant and hateful, I wonder if this could be the reason for his divorce and may be the reason he only gets to see his son on Sundays. I would find that behavior not very to live with.

FORT Fogey

[

I agree that Zac was out of line, commenting on Morgan's repsonse to winning. It's a contest about talent and ability, not emotional reactions.
    But Morgan throwing in the comment about "showtunes" was uncalled for also. I really wasn't bothered that much when he said Zac acted like a little girl. It was definitely unkind and mean but Zac often acted like a little girl.

Regardless of how Zac acted, the "little girl" comment is different than if Morgan had simply accused him of acting childishly or like "a kid" or "like a little boy." It's too close to the kind of taunt boys use to humiliate other boys on the playground--those they deem to be behaving in a way that isn't appropriate for a boy. So, really, it's sexist and homophobic. I guess I'm particularly sensitive to that kind of language, because I know someone who's studied the way particular kinds of insults--especially words like "sissy" or "runs like a girl"--affect boys even into adulthood (and the runs like a girl one really aggravates me personally, given the number of women who excel in track and other sports that require running skills). The "little girl" and show tunes comment combined could really justifiably tick off both Zac and Yigit. I don't think it was any accident that after that, Zac spoke to and hugged Danielle and Yigit before he left and ignored Morgan or that Zac and Yigit's body language after Morgan's comments spoke volumes about how upset they were about his choice of words . For that matter, given Morgan's previous behavior and comments, it wouldn't surprise me if he was deliberately trying to get under Yigit's skin as well as Zac's, as he regard Yigit as his biggest competition, and he's made it clear that he doesn't mind emotionally/mentally undermining his competitors and views doing so as simply part of the game.

The trouble is Zac was singing show tunes and acting like a little girl and that is exactly what Morgan said. He was not lying about it. How is it insulting if he states what a person does?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4103311;
    Olive Oyl!! That's it! I knew she reminded me of someone.

This show isn't a love fest, is it? None of the reliable, if reluctant, respect for co-professionals that we got on Top Chef (at least before the last season).

After the finale, I may never watch Just Desserts again. Unless, of course, Ygit wins.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast