+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just Desserts - 11/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 11/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4100473;
    I love Top Chef. Just Desserts is not Top Chef! Being a chef, a real chef, takes talent. Making so many different flavors taste great is a talent and a skill. However, making sugar taste good is merely baking. Arts like sugar pulling and cake decorating aside. I find nothing to convince me that a dessert maker should be considered a chef.
    You say
    If you cantmake sugar taste good get out of the kitchen.
    That could be directed at the chefs on 'Top Chef' because why else do they stay away from making desserts like they are the plague? It obviously can't just be done by anyone.

Also, I was watching 'Ace of Cakes' once and Duff, who is a pastery chef, was the only one who knew how to do a certain thing in the bakery. He was the only one that was trained. It's a skill set that even those that work with him all the time didn't have because they just didn't have the knowledge he has.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4100650;

I am a fan of Top Chef; this show pales by comparison.
    The first half did for me too. I really could care less about who makes the best chocolate chip cookie.

However, as the challenges went on, we got to see more interesting flavor combinations and artistic skill.

I do appreciate both, and I've been enjoying the show. I also like to see people grow. I'm not a huge fan of Daniele, but she's been sort of fun to watch.

Anyway, I hope they elevate the challenges next season so that it is more interesting throughout.

I missed last week's episode and while finding a repeat it turned out that Bravo had substituted and episode of Housewives. Then I found that Bravo has the missed episode of Just Desserts up on iTunes for $1.99. Greedy much. It was way too soon to be selling episodes of iTunes, not even 4 days after the initial showing. tsk, tsk.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4099605;
    Yigit has a little too much ego, he's adorable-looking and seems to know it but he's very good. Zac is funny but he does act like a little girl so I don't have a problem with Morgan calling him on it. But that feminine flair does create some masterpieces so he shouldn't care what he's called.
    While I agree that Zac is effeminate, I do not agree that it is okay for Morgan to call him a "little girl". Morgan is a jerk and his intent when he uses this phrase is disparaging and meant to belittle. I think this is one of those cases where the usage/source makes all the difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234