+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Desserts - 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Just Desserts - 10/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think it's funny that Top Chef gets to shop at Whole Foods, but Top Chef Desserts shops at Albertsons. Shows who has the bigger budget. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4088943;
    I think it's funny that Top Chef gets to shop at Whole Foods, but Top Chef Desserts shops at Albertsons. Shows who has the bigger budget. ha ha
    Well this is their first season, not to mention have you guys been in a Whole Foods? They really are more geared towards the produce and seafood/meat selections. At least the one by us is and their bakery/deli sections are to die for....and the gelato (getting myself hungry lol)

I'm actually not sure where a baker/pastry chef would get their supplies. I'd imagine that a regular grocery store would suffice? If the show does well in the ratings, there will be improvements next year as they get better sponsors and more money.

I like this show, it's interesting seeing a different perspective. However, I think there is some tweaking that needs to be done for season two. If there is one. Starting with a better psych eval and allowing them to bring their recipes.

I've never liked Morgan. He gives me creepy jerk vibes. Yigit reminds me of this kid I knew back in my college days, loved that kid (as a dear friend) and that memory alone makes me feel fond of Yigit although I'm not sure he should win.

I wanted Erica to win *sighs* so now my money is on Eric (or Zac if he goes next).
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 10-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4088943;
    And who are bigger tools? Whole Paycheck.

Anyways so surprised nobody has mentioned Erica's soap tasting ice cream. There is no doubt it was that Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty soap. I mean come on, she has made that recipe HOW many times? When it was originally released 2 years ago it got tons of bad reviews for being EXTREMELY strong smelling and leaving anything in sight with a bad taste. Did they revamp it? Not sure but if the it's broken maybe it can't be fixed and if it's like the TC DC sponsor, Dial Nutriskin, then it's a low quality product anybody could have made and that's all there is to it. The concept is also just plain stupid too and I don't know WHO would fall for this crap even if it got good reviews. (If you really care about your hands, wear gloves already. Then you can use whatever soap you want, even cheap stuff that you know is not guaranteed to make things you clean unusable after).

I feel so sad for Danielle. She and being in the bottom always have a find of finding each. I know she doesn't really fit in either and everybody thinks she should go, but instead of being released, the torment continues. Exactly WHAT is going through her mind? I would be like "Why?" Why be here if all you can do is be on the edge of total failure? And she can only cook for what she thinks tastes good too.

Next week team GoDiva (I mean seriously, GoDiva? Too close to the name of chocolate) potentially implode. I guess they are really divas after all.
    Last edited by Endit; 10-22-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Caught bits and pieces of the show and saw the beginning of the Just Desserts equivalent of Pea-Gate. Did Asian Heather ever find what she was looking for?

With the crushing disappointment of last night's Project Runway Final Three results still fresh in my mind, I almost don't want to reveal my favorite . . . but if I had to leave a clue, it would be this: his name isn't spelled the way it's pronounced!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

i can't believe they sent erica home over that terrible 1-2-8!

School Is In Session! Passepartout's Avatar

I loved Erika and she was sweet. Hate it that she won't be on the show no more. As I like Gail more of a hostess than Padma.
    Can't Wait for NFL!

FORT Fogey

I like Gail because I think she generally knows more about food, although I do enjoy Padma a lot.

And yes, I agree that Danielle should have gone for her 128. How is that classy or sophisticated or memorable at all? It's not even close to creative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12