+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 10/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4080123;
    It must be difficult to bake w/out your recipes, because unlike regular cooking baking takes exact measurements.
    That's what I think too. I wish they would have let them bring recipes. It's not like cooking, it does need to be exact. I think we'd get more adventerous stuff if they had recipes to tweak rather than them trying to remember exact measurements. That's one thing I don't like about this show. I understand it on Top Chef because a lot of cooking is done without recipes. Baking however isn't typically like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;4078749;
    I would wager a guess "yes" and I think we are about to find out. Don't they do psyche profiles on these people?
    Yes, and if they fail they put them on air.

See exhibits filed under:
    --Survivor: NaOnka
    --The Apprentice: David
    --Work of Art: Miles
    --Hell's Kitchen: Half the cast of any given season
    Top Model: Tyra (also arguably Tyra's Aunt Leon)
    --Kate Gosselin
    etc.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4080862;
    Yes, and if they fail they put them on air.

See exhibits filed under:
    --Survivor: NaOnka
    --The Apprentice: David
    --Work of Art: Miles
    --Hell's Kitchen: Half the cast of any given season
    Top Model: Tyra (also arguably Tyra's Aunt Leon)
    --Kate Gosselin
    etc.
    uh-oh!
    don't let Stacie from RHDC hear you being negative about Tyra or she won't like you either.
    Besides that, this was an excellent answer!!
    you're so right about the crazies on the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4079003;
    In my suspicious mind, I wonder if Seth was actually eliminated BEFORE the ambulance incident, based on his behavior when the challenge was being described, and then "losing it" over paper cups. It would have been real easy to edit it to look like the anxiety attack was the reason he was eliminated, but I wonder if it wasn't:
    • Seth acts VERY strangely in the kitchen when the challenge is being described (remember how everyone was looking at him based on his behavior).
    • Seth "goes off" on a member of the production staff about his paper cups and how unfair it was that they had taken them.
    • Producers decide to eliminate him, based on ongoing demonstrations of his emotional inability to deal with the competition.
    • Judge comes in and tells the other chefs that Seth has been eliminated.
    • In response to being eliminated (and therefore not getting his own way), Seth throws a hissy fit, hyperventilates, and faints.

I really wonder if Seth isn't bi-polar and off his meds. Those kinds of mood swings are just not normal.

And regarding (the non-bandaged) Heather. She announced right at the beginning of the team challenge that she was going to do the showpiece and that the others were not to even think about it. So she does the showpiece and then complains that she didn't have as much time as she needed for her own dessert. Has the whole world gone mad, or just the contestants on this show?
    Wow!
    I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Seth. It makes a lot of sense. Very deductive thinking!!

Does anyone know how to get Top Chef Deserts ON DEMAND with Time Warner Cable? I have not been able to get info from TMC. I can't watch in on-line because my air card is too slow from my current location.

FORT Fogey

I don't think you can. I know we don't get it on Comcast...

I'm glad Malika left, because she seemed so unhappy, and I'm glad she did it when she had actually made something good. I'm sure if I went into wherever she bakes, I'd be served a wonderful dessert, but I just don't think the competition was right for her.

I want Heather C. and Danielle to go home SO BAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4081079;
    Does anyone know how to get Top Chef Deserts ON DEMAND with Time Warner Cable? I have not been able to get info from TMC. I can't watch in on-line because my air card is too slow from my current location.
    On my TWC system, the last five episodes of Top Chef: DC are available on the Primetime On Demand channel, but nothing from Just Desserts as of yet, Maybe in a few more weeks they will add it.

Bravo still repeats the episodes like crazy, in fact the last 2 eps are on again Monday at 2PM & 3PM ET. Check Bravo's site for their daily schedules.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4081240;
    On my TWC system, the last five episodes of Top Chef: DC are available on the Primetime On Demand channel, but nothing from Just Desserts as of yet, Maybe in a few more weeks they will add it.

Bravo still repeats the episodes like crazy, in fact the last 2 eps are on again Monday at 2PM & 3PM ET. Check Bravo's site for their daily schedules.

That's all I was able to find were the Top Chef regular shows, no Just Desserts. I find that strange.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4080091;
    But more than likely these shows have simply attracted the opposite sides of the same coin-people who need to be the center of attention by either being overly emotional or by being cold, indifferent, souless villains. Both extremes are after the same thing "Look at me, look at me..." at the end of the day both of the extremes share the same trait: narcissism.
    Thank you, good call! I noticed the Turkish guy accused yet another person of being "selfish" in the second episode, and where I was thinking that he himself was selfish and projecting, I think "narcissism" is the more apt term. It applies to the tall girl with black hair and the older Heather as well. Note that those three were the most disturbed by Seth (at least in their need to act out about it), probably because they are the most like him (in the way you described). As soon as he left, old Heather broke out in a rash of crazy and lashed out at yet another cheftestant. At least Seth wasn't also "cold, indifferent, and soulless" in addition to his craziness.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4079003;
    In my suspicious mind, I wonder if Seth was actually eliminated BEFORE the ambulance incident, based on his behavior when the challenge was being described, and then "losing it" over paper cups. It would have been real easy to edit it to look like the anxiety attack was the reason he was eliminated, but I wonder if it wasn't:
    • Seth acts VERY strangely in the kitchen when the challenge is being described (remember how everyone was looking at him based on his behavior).
    • Seth "goes off" on a member of the production staff about his paper cups and how unfair it was that they had taken them.
    • Producers decide to eliminate him, based on ongoing demonstrations of his emotional inability to deal with the competition.
    • Judge comes in and tells the other chefs that Seth has been eliminated.
    • In response to being eliminated (and therefore not getting his own way), Seth throws a hissy fit, hyperventilates, and faints.
    Your assumption is most likely correct. At the very least, the chain of events leading to Seth's exit did not happened like it was shown on the episode. On TV, it was edited to make it look like Seth had his meltdown as the chefs were waiting for the set change for the challenge. The chefs then returned to draw scoops after the blow up. But according to Seth [on another board], he had already drawn Rocky Road and he had issues because he wanted to use another sorbet. Seth [also] states he is not currently making his living by cooking, which comes as no surprise.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-13-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Linking to other boards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast