+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Just Desserts - 9/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4074243;
    I thought it was some kind of medicated patch.
    She is covering stiches. You can see them in a few shots when shes not covered. Not to mention in her confessionals or what ever you want to call them, you can clearly see a scar.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular

It is a shame she was so self conscious about her forehead. Have the time her bangs were in her eyes. In her profile pics she clearly does not have bangs and it showed how pretty she was.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tneve22;4074604;
    It is a shame she was so self conscious about her forehead. Have the time her bangs were in her eyes. In her profile pics she clearly does not have bangs and it showed how pretty she was.
    I agree, but when you DID see the stiches it was big and looked bad.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Her team didn't force her to do anything. Was there something in the requirements that said "You must have a cookie?" If not, she could have done whatever she wanted. And they certainly didn't force her to do a plain peanut butter cookie. It's not their job to give her ideas. She's her own woman, she's an adult, she put out a dish, a cookie that was boring even for something most moms would make. If she'd just done the ones where you put a hershey's kiss or a Reese's cup in it, she might have been better off.

Whichever judge said they could "taste the resentment in her cookie" was right on. I think she was angry and instead of working with it, she just gave up. If that's true, she deserved to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4075031;
    If she'd just done the ones where you put a hershey's kiss or a Reese's cup in it, she might have been better off.
    The easiest thing would have been to dip it in chocolate, nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. It would have dressed it up some.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Yeah that would have been great. There are a million things she could have done - it's not like Erica's chocolate chip cookie was that complicated, and the judges were raving about hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4073647;
    Heather went home for her lack-luster peanut butter cookie.

Sylvia Winestock reminds me of what it would look like if Dr. Ruth and Edna Mode (The Incredibles) had a baby. The woman knows her cakes and I expected her to be snooty about it, but she was genuine and friendly. I wonder if Erica really gave her the recipe for her chocolate chip cookie.

I wanted the recipe for Eric's jazzed up rice krispie treat myself.
    Me too, so I went to Bravo's Top Chef -Just Desserts and got it. You do need a converter calculator to change grams to Cups. Just Google "gram converter" and fill in the numbers to convert. I also got the Chocolate chip cookie recipe. Those looked yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4075031;
    Her team didn't force her to do anything. Was there something in the requirements that said "You must have a cookie?" If not, she could have done whatever she wanted. And they certainly didn't force her to do a plain peanut butter cookie. It's not their job to give her ideas. She's her own woman, she's an adult, she put out a dish, a cookie that was boring even for something most moms would make. If she'd just done the ones where you put a hershey's kiss or a Reese's cup in it, she might have been better off.

Whichever judge said they could "taste the resentment in her cookie" was right on. I think she was angry and instead of working with it, she just gave up. If that's true, she deserved to go home.
    You are so right about this. There was nothing appealing about her cookie at all. As other posters said, it didn't even have the traditional fork marks that identify a peanut butter cookie. Most people, and particularly kids, want to know what kind of cookie it is and hers was just a tan blob.

I personally think that, even though she gave in to peer pressure, Heather was screwed either way. If she had done what she wanted to do instead of trying to please the group, they would have complained heavily about her not being a team player. She wanted to make whoopie pies, which considering how well received they were in the first challenge, would have been great for the bake sale, but if she had done them, the judges would've ripped her apart for having done something she had already made in a previous challenge.

And I was glad to see Danielle not hold anything back and call jerkface Seth out on what everybody else is thinking.

FORT Fogey

Well, to be fair, they didn't say anything about her until she started complaining that she was forced into a cookie. She knew she had a losing dish and she wanted to pass the buck, so to speak. If she'd said "I don't want to do a cookie and I don't think we need one" I think she would have been fine. Danielle is the only one who felt the need to say anything about Seth, and his behavior was worse than Heather's theoretical refusal to do a cookie would have been. And if the only thing she could think of to do for a bake sale was a whoopie pie which she'd already done, that again is a reason for her to go home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast