+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Morgan seems like he could be a ticking time bomb. Something about him really creeps me out.

So far I can't find one that I'm truly rooting for however it probably too soon for that anyway.

I like Zac. Flaming is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068206;
    Seriously??
    I think people should be expected to act appropriately in all aspects of public life. Do whatever the heck you want at home when you're alone.

For example, when people go to church services, they don't just ignore someone throwing a loud tantrum or doing gymnastics.
    How about at the movies? Shouldn't we expect others not to talk loudly, use their phones, throw stuff, move all around, etc or just ignore them? I know I wouldn't just ignore it.
    Seth agreed to participate in a competition between professionals, and in so doing, he should comport himself in a professional way. It is totally and completely selfish to not consider other people in a situation like this. His mommy may tolerate his tantrums but nobody else has to.

He is the one behaving badly. To expect others to "learn to ignore" him is the same as condoning the behavior. Every action has a consequence. He's free to behave however he wants to but the others are free to express their feelings about his actions.
    Sure he SHOULD act better but we all know he's gonna and really, do you think any of them can do anything about it? He almost told off that Yigit when Yigit told him how to act, and when Morgan tried to calm him down, he just said he was gonna be a dick and "that they can all suck it". Next episode he is quoted as saying "I ****ing hate this room." So the only thing left to do is ignore him.

And this is reality tv after all. They like and encourage drama, whether it be interpersonal or not. They're all his scenes up (pun not intended lol).
    Last edited by Endit; 09-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4068438;
    In Seth's "defense" I will say this: the year that my mother was terminally ill, and then the year following her passing were foggy blurs where I sometimes didn't recognize myself. I'm not excusing his behavior, and he probably should have waited a year to audition for the show, but I can understand a little of the reasoning behind it.

Having said that, if it's more about the medical bills than his feelings of loss, that's another story. But I can't presume to know what's in his head or heart. But ultimately, he shouldn't have come on the show with only the goal of the money in mind.
    How true that is. None of us know what drives a person to act the way they do. Like you, MFWalkoff, I spent a few years dealing with the death of my father, my mother and my son, in a period of 3 years. Wham, bam, bam.

Everyone said they didn't know who I was during that time so I can understand that his mom's health affects him greatly.

And you're right, it doesn't excuse it at all. He's responsible for his actions, no matter what trials he's dealing with. Sometime in everyone's life, we're handed some mighty hard things to deal with so we can only hope that we handle it with dignity and concern for others. And if we don't, we deserve to be told by others that we've behaved badly. Maybe it's what we need to snap us out of it. I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4068015;
    I want to taste everything on Top Chef but seeing the judges having to taste all the sweets is uncomfortable. I can't imagine eating that much dessert in one sitting! I love dessert, too, just in much smaller quantity!
    It was very clear that Bravo stepped in and used their power to insist on keeping Seth. He clearly had the worst dessert.
    Wow. Not me!! Bring on the sugar anytime!!
    I want to eat it all, as opposed to regular Top Chef. They were eating things in Singapore that I didn't even know existed, let alone, eat!

FORT Fogey

Watching all this dessert that I can't have has made me so upset that I now check every Wednesday morning whether or not I have enough ice cream to get me through the one-hour show. We don't even have any good bakeries in my town!

I'm with you, the dragonlady, regular TC is often too adventurous for me. I like to save my adventures for dessert!

Regarding Seth's behavior, I think there's a time for both ignoring and for confrontation. If it's just making people uncomfortable, like his crying tantrum in front of the judges, then it's the time to ignore it. But when his behavior hurts people, they should say something. I'm thinking particularly of Zac's broken chocolate squares. I actually thought he handled that better than I would have expected of him.

I wasn't liking Zac very much, on the first episode. He handled the chocolate square situation so well that I changed my mind about him.
    Seth isn't easy to ignore. No one would EVER be allowed to run around, the way that he did, in a professional kitchen. It's too dangerous! It may have been "just" chocolate squares that got broken (yes, I think that he did it) last week but it could be a person that gets hurt the next time. He's so inconsiderate and doesn't think of the safety or well being of the others at all. It's not just his childish behavior. If this was a real job he would have been fired or told to take some time off until he dealt with his issues. BTW, no one has mentioned the part where he stuck the liquor spouts up his nose!!!!!!! Nasty! God, I hope that they changed them after that! Sure, everyone deals with things differently but I have the idea that Seth is always an A-hole but now he just has an excuse to use for it. If he is as upset and unstable, as he's admitted to, then he should NEVER have auditioned for this show. Knives, electric appliances and ovens aren't safe to be around in the best conditions. Having the Tasmanian Devil running around while ,someone is trying to use them, puts everyone in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4069195;
    I wasn't liking Zac very much, on the first episode. He handled the chocolate square situation so well that I changed my mind about him. Seth isn't easy to ignore. No one would EVER be allowed to run around, the way that he did, in a professional kitchen. It's too dangerous! It may have been "just" chocolate squares that got broken (yes, I think that he did it) last week but it could be a person that gets hurt the next time. He's so inconsiderate and doesn't think of the safety or well being of the others at all. It's not just his childish behavior. If this was a real job he would have been fired or told to take some time off until he dealt with his issues. BTW, no one has mentioned the part where he stuck the liquor spouts up his nose!!!!!!! Nasty! God, I hope that they changed them after that! Sure, everyone deals with things differently but I have the idea that Seth is always an A-hole but now he just has an excuse to use for it. If he is as upset and unstable, as he's admitted to, then he should NEVER have auditioned for this show. Knives, electric appliances and ovens aren't safe to be around in the best conditions. Having the Tasmanian Devil running around while ,someone is trying to use them, puts everyone in danger.
    *imagines the chaos*

Heather: What's that smell, it's like human flesh burning. *investigates*
    Heather: *screams* Oh my God, Gail is inside an oven cooking! And she's unconscious! *opens the oven and her charred body falls out, looking like a mummy burnt to a crisp*
    Seth: It wasn't me, I swear!
    Yigit: We saw you near that oven!
    Seth: I was just trying to help by...
    Yigit: You stuck her in the oven! That isn't how you act!
    Seth: You can suck it! And yo mamma (censored)'s (censored) is a (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored)
    *backing vocal of "ohhhhhhhhhhh"*
    Morgan: Calm down.
    Seth: I'm done being calm. *almost sticks Morgan's hand in a blender*

FORT Fogey

We have a foster son who has severe ADHD and Seth acts just like him. Tries to help, but gets things wrong, and than lies that he had no part. They hate to admit their faults. He also hates being in small spaces, and he hurries through everything like he is on fire. He also has trouble relating to big group situations. I seriously wonder if he has it, and the stress from his mother is bringing it out worse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4069195;
    I wasn't liking Zac very much, on the first episode. He handled the chocolate square situation so well that I changed my mind about him.
    Seth isn't easy to ignore. No one would EVER be allowed to run around, the way that he did, in a professional kitchen. It's too dangerous! It may have been "just" chocolate squares that got broken (yes, I think that he did it) last week but it could be a person that gets hurt the next time. He's so inconsiderate and doesn't think of the safety or well being of the others at all. It's not just his childish behavior. If this was a real job he would have been fired or told to take some time off until he dealt with his issues. BTW, no one has mentioned the part where he stuck the liquor spouts up his nose!!!!!!! Nasty! God, I hope that they changed them after that! Sure, everyone deals with things differently but I have the idea that Seth is always an A-hole but now he just has an excuse to use for it. If he is as upset and unstable, as he's admitted to, then he should NEVER have auditioned for this show. Knives, electric appliances and ovens aren't safe to be around in the best conditions. Having the Tasmanian Devil running around while ,someone is trying to use them, puts everyone in danger.
    Remember when Hung used to run around like a crazy person on TC Miami? I don't know about you, but I never felt this nervous about him doing it. Maybe because he always just seemed to have a clear purpose to his running, or he was generally so in control. I don't know, but Seth's scattered frenzy seems to be dangerous and next time it will be something worse than chocolate squares. Or it will get someone sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4069467;
    Remember when Hung used to run around like a crazy person on TC Miami? I don't know about you, but I never felt this nervous about him doing it. Maybe because he always just seemed to have a clear purpose to his running, or he was generally so in control. I don't know, but Seth's scattered frenzy seems to be dangerous and next time it will be something worse than chocolate squares. Or it will get someone sent home.
    I agree with you, tears.and.rain. Hung did run around a lot but he seemed very focused and your choice of words for Seth "scattered frenzy" was right on. That's exactly it and it makes you wonder what disaster will happen because of it. I don't remember getting that feeling with Hung at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456