+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4068130;
    He sounded like Dennis Hopper in that, well known, scene from "Blue Velvet"! Creepy coming out of Mr. Hopper and creepy coming out of Seth!
    I think that I'll be Seth for Halloween! I'll wear a Top Chef jacket , carry blue cake on a plate, put a lump on my neck and I'll walk around saying "Mommy, mommy, mommy"!
    That is hilarious!!! Thank you for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4068177;
    Really?? I don't think what he did is acceptable for a 5 year old...maybe 2 or 3. Seth is a shining example of what happens when things aren't dealt with at the appropriate age. Although, I'm not so sure his problems don't run a little deeper...I seriously think there might be much, much deeper issues.
    That's a great point. Seth's issues run deeper than Tom Colicchio's hairline. J/K, I love Tom. I was just saying that mature people learn to control their impulses and keep what and how they're feeling to themselves without uncontrolably bursting and letting those emotions screaming out. Based on experience and observation, I wouldn't expect many people under the age of 30 to be able to do that and some never learn no matter what their age.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4067490;

Now that I strongly dislike Yigit and the Asian woman, I cannot wait for them to go home. Her desserts are very dated - choosing grand marnier last week and kahlua this week are the flavor profiles of my youth. I want someone forward-thinking to win. I was sorry to see the older guy go home this week - apparently his flavors were up to date!
    Well, actually, Eric, who made the pineapple upside down cake, came in the top 3 and it doesn't get much more dated than that. So I don't think Heather (aka "Asian woman") can be judged by that alone, at least the judges didn't seem to think that longtime desserts were a problem but taste and presentation was more important. A few of the judges stated they had trouble not finishing the whole plate of the pineapple cake.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4068130;
    He sounded like Dennis Hopper in that, well known, scene from "Blue Velvet"! Creepy coming out of Mr. Hopper and creepy coming out of Seth!
    I think that I'll be Seth for Halloween! I'll wear a Top Chef jacket , carry blue cake on a plate, put a lump on my neck and I'll walk around saying "Mommy, mommy, mommy"!
    Thank you!! I had a hard day and this really made me laugh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4068158;
    This isn't Top Chef, it's the The Seth show! I noticed that a mentally messed up in one way or another contestant is a new reality trend after. Apprentice has 2 of them, Top Model had one, Survivor has 3 of them, Top Chef has Seth, BB had 1-2.

These contestants need to learn how to ignore him. It's not hard and he is only as emotionally contagious as they let him be. The little smirk or laugh that Yigit did ignited it at the bar. I also didn't like how he said he was acting selfish. So he should think of everybody else first? He's not there to play for you! I don't like how Seth acts but if he's gonna criticize him, he seriously needs to come up with a better reason. It's like when people use hater or they're just jealous excuses. They are lame and usually have no specific reasons to back them up.
    Seriously??
    I think people should be expected to act appropriately in all aspects of public life. Do whatever the heck you want at home when you're alone.

For example, when people go to church services, they don't just ignore someone throwing a loud tantrum or doing gymnastics.
    How about at the movies? Shouldn't we expect others not to talk loudly, use their phones, throw stuff, move all around, etc or just ignore them? I know I wouldn't just ignore it.
    Seth agreed to participate in a competition between professionals, and in so doing, he should comport himself in a professional way. It is totally and completely selfish to not consider other people in a situation like this. His mommy may tolerate his tantrums but nobody else has to.

He is the one behaving badly. To expect others to "learn to ignore" him is the same as condoning the behavior. Every action has a consequence. He's free to behave however he wants to but the others are free to express their feelings about his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068206;
    Seriously??
    I think people should be expected to act appropriately in all aspects of public life. Do whatever the heck you want at home when you're alone.

For example, when people go to church services, they don't just ignore someone throwing a loud tantrum or doing gymnastics.
    How about at the movies? Shouldn't we expect others not to talk loudly, use their phones, throw stuff, move all around, etc or just ignore them? I know I wouldn't just ignore it.
    Seth agreed to participate in a competition between professionals, and in so doing, he should comport himself in a professional way. It is totally and completely selfish to not consider other people in a situation like this. His mommy may tolerate his tantrums but nobody else has to.

He is the one behaving badly. To expect others to "learn to ignore" him is the same as condoning the behavior. Every action has a consequence. He's free to behave however he wants to but the others are free to express their feelings about his actions.
    Totally agree!

Seth appears to be an only child who perhaps was raised by only his mother. He's used to getting what he wants and not having to share. ( And no, I don't think all only children act this way). The apron strings are still very securely attached as well.

I'm not excusing his behavior by any means, but it does account for his temper tantrums and inability to share and relate to others. He is definitely missing some social skills.

I now somehow picture him in a kitchen cooking.... Just he and mommy, for ever and ever...till the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4068410;
    Seth appears to be an only child who perhaps was raised by only his mother. He's used to getting what he wants and not having to share. ( And no, I don't think all only children act this way). The apron strings are still very securely attached as well.

I'm not excusing his behavior by any means, but it does account for his temper tantrums and inability to share and relate to others. He is definitely missing some social skills.

I now somehow picture him in a kitchen cooking.... Just he and mommy, for ever and ever...till the end of time.
    That's putting it mildly!!

I think it might be more like an old sketch they did on SNL where a grown man was still attached to his mother by the umbilical cord. I don't remember it very well, but they were on a train...it was quite funny.

I admit I was surprised that Tim went home after they raved about his palate, I was sure Malika would go home. Shame, as I like Malika but also liked Tim.

I find this group to be overall pretty likeable, but still can't stand Morgan, and much less Zac. Still a queeny, catty bitch, and not even having the guts to be upfront about it, instead just doing it in confessionals. Jerk...

Seth is a weirdo! And not a good funny weirdo, but a disturbing and annoying one. All his running around trying to help with everything and just insisting on it, the huge rbeakdown that made me roll my eyes, and his horrible behavior in the bar. Ugh, can't stand him, can't wait till he goes home. But that being said, I have to say the bit near the end in the stew room wasn't his fault, as he only expressed good will towards Eric and Heather C was the one to start an argument this time around. Still can't stand Seth, though.

In Seth's "defense" I will say this: the year that my mother was terminally ill, and then the year following her passing were foggy blurs where I sometimes didn't recognize myself. I'm not excusing his behavior, and he probably should have waited a year to audition for the show, but I can understand a little of the reasoning behind it.

Having said that, if it's more about the medical bills than his feelings of loss, that's another story. But I can't presume to know what's in his head or heart. But ultimately, he shouldn't have come on the show with only the goal of the money in mind.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast