+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 9/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Anyone think that Seth may be on the Asperger's continuum? That might explain his inability to "shift gears" and to interact appropriately.

i've never understood this line of thought. i think it's endearing. and i'm not sure what ppl of this opinion think should happen -- - - men should start using mom or mother at a certain age or something?

seth is a major pain in the butt. i hope he is gone soon. i wanted to slap him myself by the end of the show. esp when he knocked over those choc squares.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4067222;
    Even if I could get past the hysterics I can't get past a man ,his age, calling his mother "mommy"! (especially to other people and basically strangers at that!) It's just plain creepy! I would be surprised if he makes it till the end.

was it seth that is supposed to be the other hetero?!?!?!?!?!?! i'm no tso sure abt that either, lol.

sorta like the chick on top chef that got the knife bc of her gray tuna tartar . . . i don't want gray raw fish and i don't want a bowl of something resembling curdled soup. i wouldnt ever know the flavors were spot on bc i would n never put it in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4067294;
    Wow!!! Seth is psycho!!!! I seriously think he has some kind of bipolar disorder. I gotta think that Morgan is regretting the opening of the show when he says that he and Seth have formed a bond. (BTW, he said something about both of them being heterosexual chefs...I'm not so sure about Seth!)

Anyway, I think that it was a joke that Tim got sent home. Didn't they just tell him that his flavors were always spot on??? He got sent home because he had plating issues...don't understand. Of the three, he was the one that I thought was for sure safe.

I, too, was wondering about the bandages on her forehead. She doesn't have them in her PIs, so whatever it was is now healed.

i was wondering abt that as well. it was there last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;4067352;
    Oh, I forgot to ask...what is that lump on the side of Seth's throat??

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4067444;
    i've never understood this line of thought. i think it's endearing. and i'm not sure what ppl of this opinion think should happen -- - - men should start using mom or mother at a certain age or something?

seth is a major pain in the butt. i hope he is gone soon. i wanted to slap him myself by the end of the show. esp when he knocked over those choc squares.
    I am not quite sure what age is an appropriate cut off age...

However, I am quite confident that when you are a grown man, competing on a television show for the whole world to see, and sobbing (slobbering, as well) on the shoulder of a well-known chef, "I did it for my MOOOMMMMY!" that you have DEFINITELY CROSSED THE LINE!!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4067415;
    For all the bad mentioned about Seth.. I wanted to say just how in love I am with Yigit! He came across much more mature than almost any member of that cast last night and he can also cook! He is so the Anti-Seth, mature, professional, and likeable I hope he goes far, and to be honest, I'd like to see him win this all!
    Loved him! I really liked some of the things that he said to Seth, once they were back in the room. Telling him that he doesn't know what kind of trauma others may be dealing with was so true. When Seth offered to do something for him he said just giving him some distance would be fine! Very mature and what a cutie!

I thought Yigit was a total a-hole. He accused Seth of being "selfish," when clearly he himself was selfish. Both he and the older Asian woman (and to a lesser extent that brown-haired chick in the stew room) were on Seth's case, when they should have just backed off. As usual on these reality shows with groups of people, if someone sticks out it is a litmus test for how the others react that showcases their own personality defects. The Asian woman seemed completely lacking in compassion, and as previously stated, Yigit was a selfish jerk. I did like the gay guy; he reacted with compassion and humor to a difficult situation, even though he was the only one actually "harmed," if Seth indeed knocked over his tray of chocolates.

Now that I strongly dislike Yigit and the Asian woman, I cannot wait for them to go home. Her desserts are very dated - choosing grand marnier last week and kahlua this week are the flavor profiles of my youth. I want someone forward-thinking to win. I was sorry to see the older guy go home this week - apparently his flavors were up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;4067428;
    Anyone think that Seth may be on the Asperger's continuum? That might explain his inability to "shift gears" and to interact appropriately.
    Although it feels like standard practice to keep the "drama" on the show, part of me felt they should have sent Seth home for the good of everyone, including the viewers. But I do like this post about the "Asperger's continuum." Last week I said I felt watching this show would be more challenging than watching a regular Top Chef - not having any idea this would be happening - but maybe the viewers are being challenged to broaden our thinking and tap into some compassion.

Btw, I felt the jerky behavior I mentioned above crossed the line - it is too easy for someone to focus on the other person not "interacting appropriately" when in fact they need to realize that if someone is pushing their buttons that is their problem and doesn't really have anything to do with judging the other person's "appropriateness." The two people I mentioned in particular appeared to be trying to browbeat Seth because they couldn't deal with their own discomfort, which is very wrong. It is not their place to be trying to dictate how another person behaves.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-23-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4067490;
    It is not their place to be trying to dictate how another person behaves.
    I disagree. If someone at my office behaves in a manner that interferes with my work, I call them on it. My boss would not be sympathetic to my saying that I lost productivity due to a co-worker issue. His next question would be "What did you do about it?" I've had project team members freak out on me and I've had to take them aside and let them know that they're not allowed to do that.

You just know they are going to keep Seth around as long as possible, unfortunately.

This show is hard to watch...I find myself wanting to eat everything they show. I never had that problem with the regular show. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4067882;

This show is hard to watch...I find myself wanting to eat everything they show. I never had that problem with the regular show. lol
    I'm with you! I wanted to taste everything! I actually felt a little "sweeted out" by the end of the show but I know that I'll be ready for more next week!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast