+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Desserts - 9/15 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Just Desserts - 9/15 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4062542;
    The contestants are so different, like less serious and more loony. Must be all the sugar.
    Lol, you have a point. I suspect they could easily pair Project runway contestants with the people from Just desserts.

I do hope they tone it down a little....what I really like about Top chef is the lack of draaaama (said in the voice of Carla )
    Jade needs to get laid - Nigel Barker

It was Crème fraiche, I finally got around to watching the episode and the even had it spelled out at the bottom when they listed what the chefs had made. Three of them used it during the QF and one used crémeux during the EC.

Wow that Seth guy, I'm already more than half way to really disliking him and I'm already there with Morgan. Don't have any that I particularly like at this moment but I've got two I do not like...at..all.

So far I'm liking this version of TC, however, if it devolves into nothing more than drama? Then I will stop watching. I don't like where the previews indicated they were headed, I want more cooking, less drama!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Seth, villain much. Morgan not that far behind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm confused now on the cream stuff. What is cremon glace ( that's how it sounds ...no idea on the spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4064563;
    Seth, villain much. Morgan not that far behind.
    Agreed on those too, just need to add that Zac guy, too. He's such a catty douche, I kept cringing every time he was onscreen.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4064799;
    I'm confused now on the cream stuff. What is cremon glace ( that's how it sounds ...no idea on the spelling)
    I'm going to guess you're asking about creme anglaise...it's just a cream sauce flavored with vanilla.

Well I was way off on that spelling! This is a interesting bunch of chefs but I agree with some of you that if it becomes too much drama I will lose interest quickly. That's not the reason I watch TC. I just love to watch the food they make. It's much more fun when they are supportive of each other. Besides, I get all the drama I want from the HW's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4062153;
    I was sad to see Tania go, I wished that the other woman would have to pack her knives. I was looking forward to Tania making very different dishes, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    The moment Tania referred to her mousse as having the texture of hummus, I knew she was done for as that's so far from what the texture of mousse should be. No matter what it tasted like, no one was going to find that acceptable.

I really wanted to try Zac's upscale brownie sundae, but I agree that blowing the glitter, especially in front of the judges, was a bad idea. I can't remember who made it, but the chocolate cake that made that one guest go "Oh my God!" also looked awfully good. I wasn't upset about the win going to the dessert that got it, but personally, I'm not a big fan of orange and chocolate together. However, I'm a huge fan of chocolate in general, so I loved the challenge.

I made desserts before I learned to cook anything else, and I'm always annoyed at how the Top Chef folks are both scared of making desserts and dismissive of pastry chefs, so I'm looking forward to this show. Maybe it will allow the pastry chefs to prove their mettle and give me the chance to drool over terrific looking desserts.[/QUOTE]

I also noticed on Top Chef that in most instances the chefs who attempt to make desserts blow it big time. I think they just might be secretly jealous of the bakers and pastry chefs of the world.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Eric, Seth and Zac and Moragn are irritating. Which one of them is the insomniac with bathroom issues( i.e. that's why I need my own room)? Every one of them should have replied "I'm an insomniac with bathroom issues, too!"
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4064058;
    they even had it spelled out at the bottom when they listed what the chefs had made. Three of them used it during the QF and one used crémeux during the EC.
    Thanks, I didn't see that. Now that I know how it's spelled, I googled it, and based on the recipes I saw, it seems to be basically a fancy word for homemade pudding!
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-22-2010 at 01:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast