+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

Re: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

Hmm...there have been 7 past winners of Top Chef. Maybe when the field gets down to 7, the winners come back to compete (or team up) with the All-Stars?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4148022;
    Hmm...there have been 7 past winners of Top Chef. Maybe when the field gets down to 7, the winners come back to compete (or team up) with the All-Stars?
    Good one! That might explain the double elimination this week and the prize money being doubled. I never thought that was fair to the people that actually won their seasons and got half that amount.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Is this a thread for boot spoilers? It seems the most appropriate thread for something that I've read. I'll put it in tags just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The F4 is apparently all men. No surprise there, with the way things are going. But that means no Carla. =(
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=CrossingGuard;4150169;]Is this a thread for boot spoilers? It seems the most appropriate thread for something that I've read. I'll put it in tags just in case.

Do you mind me asking where this info is from? I'm super bummed.

Also, I read an interview in which Stephanie Izard participates on the show. SHe wasn't sure in what capacity; all she knew is that she'd be there.

Marcel seems to be back to his old self. As Dale win or lose, seems mad at the world!
    NFL PreSeason 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4146059;
    I think a Top Chef Jr would be interesting but difficult to formulate for various reasons. Many of the chefs begin their interest at an early age and more and more kids are interested in cooking and what goes into what they put into their mouths. My son is 8 and can tell you what Sous-vide is and can rattle off the names of various chefs and what their techniques are, he is currently obsessed with Wylie Dufresne and Richard Blais (he tells everybody he wants to be a chef/entomologist/archeologist when he grows up! LOL). At his age, I was good knowing what grilled cheese was! I think him and other kids like him would love seeing contestants a bit closer to their ages on one of these shows.

If they are planning something like this? They are brilliant and tapping into an untouched market, kids who are foodies and are interesting in cooking because of course the parents will watch right along with the kids.
    There is actually a variation of this in the United Kingdom - Junior Masters or something like that. It's quite cute actually, and they have created some really fancy dishes.

Example, the four contestants worked together in teams and had to create a "Doctor" and "Companion" dish (two dishes) and served them to the actors who play those roles on "Doctor Who." They had a steak dinner for the Doctor and a duck with julienne vegetables and plum sauce that you turned into a wrap for the companion as well as two other dishes and desserts for each (Sorry, I can't remember the other dishes, but it should still be on YouTube).

Unfortunately, I don't know if this will work in a US market because kids are being seen as more and more lazy and don't think they can cook anything more than peanut butter and jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4152239;
    Unfortunately, I don't know if this will work in a US market because kids are being seen as more and more lazy and don't think they can cook anything more than peanut butter and jelly.
    I think it really depends on where you live. In our area, it is common to see children with sophisticated palettes. We are raising a little army of foodies around here, lol, however drive about 70 miles down the road and it's a whole other story with the kids turning their noses up at anything that doesn't come deep fried and breaded.

I don't think this is a phenomena unique to our area, search Young Chefs Academy. More and more chef schools for children are popping up.

I would love to see a Top Chef Jr's and I think that Bravo is missing a golden opportunity not jumping on this. Many of these chefs say that they became interested in cooking at the age of 7 or 8. My son is 8 and is a foodie. On one of the episodes of Throw Down they had a popular food blogger serving as a judge who is still in elementary school.

I do agree that the show should focus on teens due to the nature of the judging and not wanting to crush their little dreams. Plus Padma just became a mom and she is always awesome whenever they do a child centered challenge.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Does anyone know why there's no new show listed for next week, the 26th? My Tivo is just showing a repeat of Restaurant Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4150176;
    Do you mind me asking where this info is from? I'm super bummed.

Also, I read an interview in which Stephanie Izard participates on the show. SHe wasn't sure in what capacity; all she knew is that she'd be there.
    I read it on another forum. But it has since been taken back, so for now, it's anyone's game.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

New possible spoiler!

Padma posted a picture of the reunion on her twitter. Some people are calling her stupid for doing that because it might have given away the TOP3.

With this supposed TOP3, I hope Antonia wins. Some are speculating Mike wins because he's in the middle. But that hasn't been the case in all previous seasons, with the winner in the middle, so I'm hoping it's not true (because I can't stand the guy, TBH).

Hopefully they just changed seats because I really wanted to see Carla win this thing.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-06-2011 at 12:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast