+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

FORT Fan

Re: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

My opinions of the chefs:

- Stephen Asprinio- Loved, loved loved him. And i'm not sure I can explain exactly why because he was totally obnoxious at times, but he also seemed to be able to own up to his mistakes. Against All Stars, I don't know if he'll make it as far, but I'll definitely enjoy watching him for however long he's there

- Tiffani Faison- Couldn't stand her. clearly her food was pretty good, but I absolutely hated her attitude the entire time. I also thought that the judges factoring in how well the chefs could lead others in the first season led to her demise, and I think it's probably why she'll never be as successful as she otherwise might if she was a kinder person

- Marcel Vigneron- one of the people I have hated the most, all time, on this series. I hate it every time they bring him back and I keep hoping they will stop asking him back, even though he brings the drama. I honestly think he went as far as he did because of that, and that his food was nowhere near as good as a lot of the other chefs on his season. I'd never heard of molecular gastronomy before S2, and because of him, thought it was a stupid and probably awful tasting addition to cooking. Marcel reminds me of that kid in school that was of average intelligence, but tried to make himself seem smarter by memorizing big words and throwing them into conversations where they don't make sense. Remember that salad in his finale? The whole reason he wanted to do a salad was to use that ridiculous little dressing encapsulation technique and when it failed, he just had a bland salad. He uses molecular gastronomy just for the sake of using new techniques instead of because they add to the food.

- Elia Aboumrad- I liked her, but not as much as others. She seems like a pretty competent chef though

- Casey Thompson- I don't quite understand why she's so hated for the whole Carla thing, but I believe her food would be very enjoyable to eat. That being said, there are definitely others who are much better chefs this season

- Dale Levitski- Loved his attitude, loved his approach to cooking. I really hope he'll go far

- Tre Wilcox- I thought he was good, but I also don't know if we saw enough of him for me to know if he's got the talent to hang with the top guys this season. We'll see

- Richard Blais-Richard was the guy that made me rethink the whole molecular gastronomy thing. Unlike Marcel, he always seemed to have a good reason for whatever he used and it always added to the dish. He also knows when to pull back and just use simple techniques. I think he has a good chance of going all the way.

- Antonia Lofaso- thought she kind of snuck by some better contestants in her season. I think she'll be eliminated early

- Dale Talde-I really, really liked him, and I think he got eliminated too early. He may also have a fiery personality, but unlike some other chefs, I think he can still put that aside most of the time and work well on a team

- Spike Mendelsohn-Another one brought back for drama. Hope he'll go soon

- Carla Hall-If Fabio hadn't been on her season, she might have been my favorite. I like her cooking style, she can obviously do both comfort food and fine dining. If she can keep her confidence level up, she can go a long way once again

- Fabio Viviani- He might be my favorite contestant ever, and he's definitely the one whose food I'd most like to try. I hope he wins the whole thing this time. He's so entertaining to watch and his food sounds soooo good.

- Jamie Lauren-I liked Jamie. I think she hit a low energy level at the exact tiem they got a challenge that didn't play to her strengths, but I think she's a good chef. Another who could go far.

- Jennifer Carroll- Jennifer's a hard one. On one hand, her season definitely got the exact right final four and I think any one of them could have won. On the other....she's kinda boring. Food wise, she has the talent to win, but I don't know if I want to watch her a whole 'nother season.

- Mike Isabella- I think once again, he's kinda out of his league. There are some seasons he may have been able to win, but it wasn't his own and I can't see it being an All Stars season either.

- Tiffany Derry- I was just kinda meh on her the whole season. She seems competent all around, but there are many other chefs I'd rather see winning.

- Angelo Sosa- Another of my favorite chefs. I don't know why both the other contestants on his season and fans disliked him so much. He was pretty consistent in doing very well last season and he was almost always able to back up his claims. I never saw the arrogance others commented on, and if he hadn't been so deathly sick, I think he would have easily won. He could win this time.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I am stealing ilovefootball's list....Here is my opinion of the Top Chef - All Stars Contestants

Stephen Asprinio; Season one, top five - didn't care for him
    - Tiffani Faison; Season one finalist - She can cook, but has a bad attitude
    - Marcel Vigneron; Season two finalist - can't stand him (double ditto!)
    - Elia Aboumrad; Season two, final four - Sad to see her go so soon....
    - Casey Thompson; Season three finalist and fan favorite - liked her
    - Dale Levitski; Season three finalist - eh...
    - Tre Wilcox; Season three, top eight - loved him
    - Richard Blais; Season four finalist - loved him more (Wish he had won his season)
    - Antonia Lofaso; Season four, final four - she's okay
    - Dale Talde; Season four, top six - eh...
    - Spike Mendelsohn; Season four, top five - Don't think he's that great...
    - Carla Hall; Season five finalist - love, love, love her!
    - Fabio Viviani; Season five final four and fan favorite - loved him
    - Jamie Lauren; Season five, top seven - she's too arrogant
    - Jennifer Carroll; Season six, final four - She's got an attitude, but boy can she cook!
    - Mike Isabella; Season six, top seven - he's okay, but I think has a narrow scope of skills
    - Tiffany Derry; Season seven, top five - she's okay
    - Angelo Sosa; Season seven finalist - too arrogant

Hoping final three will be: Richard Blaise, Carla, and Jennifer

Also hijacking ilovefootball's list....
    Top Chef - All Stars Contestants

- Stephen Asprinio; Season one, top five - During the season I liked him and thought he was talented, and was sort of amused by his pretentiousness. However he has seemed really weak since then because of his time out of the kitchen, and I don't think he'll go far.
    - Tiffani Faison; Season one finalist - I hated her during her season yet found her really talented, and have since come to like her.
    - Marcel Vigneron; Season two finalist - I think Marcel is very talented. He bugs me, but I always felt bad for him getting bullied to such an extent. He has done well on the reunion specials for the most part.
    - Elia Aboumrad; Season two, final four - Never really cared for her.
    - Casey Thompson; Season three finalist and fan favorite - She always sort of bugged me, though she seems sweet and - though lacking in some technical skills - probably makes yummy food
    - Dale Levitski; Season three finalist - He was always hit-or-miss his season, but seemed like a nice guy
    - Tre Wilcox; Season three, top eight - Would like to see him go far; he seemed really talented and like a nice guy (always loved him on the food truck episode)
    - Richard Blais; Season four finalist - I love his restaurant Flip in Atlanta and think he'll probably be a finalist this season
    - Antonia Lofaso; Season four, final four - Seems very talented, and funny - like her
    - Dale Talde; Season four, top six - I like him and his explosive temper; I liked how he tried to salvage Casey's pork belly dish in the finale
    - Spike Mendelsohn; Season four, top five - His attitude is annoying, but I think he's probably a decent chef
    - Carla Hall; Season five finalist - such a sweet, endearing person; I'm hoping she does well but don't think she'll win
    - Fabio Viviani; Season five final four and fan favorite - I love Fabio and hope he does better in the next challenge, but don't think he'll win
    - Jamie Lauren; Season five, top seven - her attitude bugs me but she's talented
    - Jennifer Carroll; Season six, final four - she's a terrible sport but a talented chef; don't think she'll win
    - Mike Isabella; Season six, top seven - totally agree with simplechef on this one
    - Tiffany Derry; Season seven, top five - liked her, don't think she'll win
    - Angelo Sosa; Season seven finalist - Loved - I think he or Richard will win

Ah well, I guess I'll do it too, so here's my opinions:

Stephen is boring as hell, Tifanni's a witch, Elia's boring too, Spike's a douchebag, Mike Isabella is an even bigger scumbag, Angelo is still Angelo and I don't like him, I still hate Dale Talde as well, Jamie's still on my hate list too, and I see Jennifer is still as smug and overwhelmingly bitter as always. I also seem to be probably the only person who really, really disikes Richard, I just can't stand him and his horrid fauxhawk. Gosh I despise them all...

Marcel I used to hate, but ended up shifting to neutral with him nly because everyone else around him became even bigger jerks, so I'm still neutral on him. Also still neutral on Fabio, though thankfully he doesn't seem as smug as he used to be now that there's no Other European Stefan there, and I'm very happy he called out Bourdain (whom I also loathe) for his over-the-top comments and trying to be too Toby, I didn't get to see much of season 3, but so far all the season 3 folks seem like nice people and I'm liking them. Antonia's cool too, and then there's Carla, whom I absolutely adore, though I'm scared as hell because I did not see her in any of the clips when they showed what they'd be doing during the season.
    Last edited by Rembrant; 12-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;4118026;
    My opinions of the chefs:

- Stephen Asprinio- Loved, loved loved him. And i'm not sure I can explain exactly why because he was totally obnoxious at times, but he also seemed to be able to own up to his mistakes. Against All Stars, I don't know if he'll make it as far, but I'll definitely enjoy watching him for however long he's there
    I loved, loved, loved Stephen Aspirinio during S1, too! I still love him...but, me thinks you are right....I doubt he'll last long. He seems a little rusty in the kitchen.

But then again...he really is a good chef. Check it out:

Top Chef All Stars Pictures - Photo Gallery: Who Made the Cut? Casting Top Chef-All Stars
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-04-2010 at 11:11 PM.

My DVR did not pick up the first episode, and then we went on vacation and kind of forgot about it, so only today did I realize that the DVR has not been picking up any of the episodes! I think they will all repeat this Wednesday, however, so we can start watching. Whew!

Did any spoilers come out for the season yet? I'm dying. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4131088;
    Did any spoilers come out for the season yet? I'm dying. lol
    Here is the spoiler from the blog I posted above:
    "I just came back from Fairway in Red Hook, Brooklyn and I just saw many contestants shooting a episode there (11 a.m.) I can confirm that these people were there:
    Marcel Vigneron
    Richard Blais
    Fabio Viviani
    Angelo Sosa
    Tiffany Derry
    Michael Isabella
    Dale Talde
    Carla Hall
    and Tre Wilcox (season 3?)
    There was also 2 other girl that I recognize but don't remember their name, I will have to do research on that and will let you know who … I did not see Spike!"

Tiffany F., Anontia, Casey and Jamie are still on this show with the rest of the group above. Based on the blog, two of them will be the next 2 eliminations.
    Last edited by babymay; 12-23-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;4132055;
    Here is the spoiler from the blog I posted above:
    "I just came back from Fairway in Red Hook, Brooklyn and I just saw many contestants shooting a episode there (11 a.m.) I can confirm that these people were there:
    Marcel Vigneron
    Richard Blais
    Fabio Viviani
    Angelo Sosa
    Tiffany Derry
    Michael Isabella
    Dale Talde
    Carla Hall
    and Tre Wilcox (season 3?)
    There was also 2 other girl that I recognize but don't remember their name, I will have to do research on that and will let you know who I did not see Spike!"

Tiffany F., Anontia, Casey and Jamie are still on this show with the rest of the group above. Based on the blog, two of them will be the next 2 eliminations.
    TY. I am praying Jamie is next. I would hate to see Redhead Tiffani leave so I hope she stays. I think she has a shot to make finale. I really like Antonia and Casey a lot. I have a soft spot for Casey but like Antonia too.

FORT Newbie

I am hoping Jamie is next too. She hasn't done much, has she?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast